.Net 4 OneWay WorkflowService with Receive activity executes only one activity and skips other RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    I implemented simple workflow service that has single receive activity that should simulate one-way communication. After that receive activity I added simple console writeline activity. The problem is that when I start workflow service and invoke it from wcf proxy tool it starts workflow but only the receive activity is executed, workflow never executes console writeline activity. Wcf proxy tool shows message that One way message is successfully sent to workflow service. I also created test win forms client with generated proxy and invoked the service but I still have the same behavior. I added break point in WF and it enters and executes only receive activity. I tried to execute workflow without debugging and got the same problem.

I am running VS b2.

Can someone help me with this problem,
    thanks Indigo Cowboy

• Moved by Andrew_Zhu Tuesday, March 9, 2010 9:26 AM (From:Windows Workflow Foundation)
    Thursday, March 4, 2010 12:26 PM

Answers

• Hi,

yes I did. The problem was with oneWay communication. It does not return error to client if it can not invoke workflow.

You should turno on wcf tracing and message logging and you will error message that caused problems.

Indigo Cowboy

• Marked as answer by Indigo Cowboy Saturday, February 4, 2012 6:39 PM
    Saturday, February 4, 2012 6:39 PM

All replies

• Have u ever solved this issue? i have the same problem
    Sunday, January 22, 2012 4:08 AM
  • Hi,

yes I did. The problem was with oneWay communication. It does not return error to client if it can not invoke workflow.

You should turno on wcf tracing and message logging and you will error message that caused problems.

Indigo Cowboy

• Marked as answer by Indigo Cowboy Saturday, February 4, 2012 6:39 PM
    Saturday, February 4, 2012 6:39 PM