Will LightSwitch (VS2013) work ok with MySQL? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm starting to develop a new software (web based) for our organization, and I need to use MySQL as database provider.
    I installed VS2013 (with upd2) and .NET Connector for MySQL.  After this I could work with LigthSwitch + MySQL.

Can I trust in this developing scenario or should I move from MySQL to MSSQL?

Thanks in advance.

Almir Bolduan

• Edited by AlmirB Tuesday, July 29, 2014 12:58 PM
    Tuesday, July 29, 2014 12:47 PM

Answers

• Hi Almir,

I don't have much experience with MySQL, but I noticed there are some feedbacks on how to get it to work with LightSwitch 2013.

For example:

How can I use MySQL with Visual Studio 2012 Lightswitch?

Regards

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by Angie Xu Friday, August 8, 2014 2:28 AM
    Wednesday, July 30, 2014 7:48 AM

All replies

• Hi Almir,

I don't have much experience with MySQL, but I noticed there are some feedbacks on how to get it to work with LightSwitch 2013.

For example:

Regards

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

• Marked as answer by Angie Xu Friday, August 8, 2014 2:28 AM
    Wednesday, July 30, 2014 7:48 AM
  • Hi Almir,

For example:

Regards

Hi

The following approach worked for me: http://stackoverflow.com/a/21843014/1220922
    Now I need to test It to see if It will work well in a more complete project.  That's the reason I'm worried about.

Thanks for the answer!

Almir Bolduan

Wednesday, July 30, 2014 10:42 AM