none
Bing maps Dynamic Tiles Imagery Vs Bing maps V8 Imagery RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Team,

Bing maps Dynamic Tiles(Silverlight App) Imagery result for lat/long 37.114833,126.840971.

Bing Dynamic Tiles

Bing maps V8 result for the same lat/long

Bing maps V8

Here, we can see the difference in imagery for V8 (Latest) and Dynamic Tiles. Why?

Thanks,

Anil Pandilla

Tuesday, August 1, 2017 6:44 AM

Answers

• The Silverlight control only has access to older imagery. Note that the Silverlight control was deprecated last year and can stop working at anytime. You should plan to migrate your application to v8.

[Blog] [twitter] [LinkedIn]

Tuesday, August 1, 2017 1:18 PM
  • I highly recommend moving away from Silverlight. It is a dying technology that is no longer supported by most browsers. If you must stay on Silverlight, you can load the V8 web control in the HTML page that loads the Silverlight application and use zIndexing to get the HTML based map to appear above the Silverlight app. I've done something like this years ago when Silverlight first came out. It's technically possible, but really just a big hack. You would be better off migrating your whole app to HTML5 now otherwise you would need to do that later anyways.

Wednesday, August 2, 2017 3:08 PM

All replies

• The Silverlight control only has access to older imagery. Note that the Silverlight control was deprecated last year and can stop working at anytime. You should plan to migrate your application to v8.

Tuesday, August 1, 2017 1:18 PM
  • Can you please suggest the best way to implement V8 in Silverlight.

Thanks,

Anil Pandilla

Wednesday, August 2, 2017 5:26 AM
  • I highly recommend moving away from Silverlight. It is a dying technology that is no longer supported by most browsers. If you must stay on Silverlight, you can load the V8 web control in the HTML page that loads the Silverlight application and use zIndexing to get the HTML based map to appear above the Silverlight app. I've done something like this years ago when Silverlight first came out. It's technically possible, but really just a big hack. You would be better off migrating your whole app to HTML5 now otherwise you would need to do that later anyways.

Wednesday, August 2, 2017 3:08 PM