none
What is your purpose of small basic for you ? RRS feed

• General discussion

• Well i been bored for the whole holidays so far, but i think now that small basic is the only thing to pull me out of that, because you can prototype anything very fast with barely any typing, it's quite fun.

Well the real disscusion i wanted to start here is what i just said myself, what is the purpose of SB to you ?

I love game design and game programing.

Saturday, August 4, 2012 9:11 PM

All replies

• Pretty much nothing.

Anything I can do with Small Basic, I can do better with C#, D, or C++. I'm just around here because I like to occasionally help out. At the moment, I am really liking D, though.

Saturday, August 4, 2012 11:14 PM
  • Pretty much nothing.

Anything I can do with Small Basic, I can do better with C#, D, or C++. I'm just around here because I like to occasionally help out. At the moment, I am really liking D, though.

I read about D but i can't seem to find an IDE with compiler...

Sunday, August 5, 2012 12:23 AM
  • So whats it like ?

Monday, August 6, 2012 1:30 AM
  • SB for me is a great beginner's "course" for programming that can also handle advanced users. I use it really just to see what I am capable of. I like that it is real programming though, and that makes me feel powerful, like I finally can have more power over my computer :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monday, August 6, 2012 6:33 AM
  • I enjoy using it (along with extensions) to create simple 2D games.
    Wednesday, August 8, 2012 11:47 PM