slowness of Data replication between AWS and Azure RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am performing some testing on workload migration between AWS to Azure.

Lab Setup:

1. 1gateway server for site2site VPN & process and configuration server(32 GB RAM)

2.1 windows 2012 r2 server need to be <g class="gr_ gr_888 gr-alert gr_spell gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling" data-gr-id="888" id="888">replicate</g> from to azure(RAM 32 GB)

Configured Azure site recovery step by step.

Problem:

Data replication is too slow between AWS machine and Azure.2 GB data replicated last 7-8 days.Please help me <g class="gr_ gr_1095 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_run_anim Grammar multiReplace" data-gr-id="1095" id="1095">in</g> this issue.We can't go with same for production.

Thanks in advance

Tuesday, July 12, 2016 6:15 AM

Answers

• Hi Asish,

Replication is stuck or progressing slowly? If it is stuck, we may have to investigate through logs but, if it is progressing slowly, then it is Most likely a bandwidth constraint causing this slow replication.

1. What is the available bandwidth from ASR management server out to internet i.e. ASR server on AWS to Azure storage

2. What is the bandwidth consumed by ASR for replication i.e. On the ASR management server, can you check.. Task manager | Performance tab | click Resource monitor | Network tab | select cbengine.exe from the list of processes to filter | monitor "Send (B/sec)" | This would give you the exact value of bandwidth consumption by ASR. | also notice the "Address" column to see if it is going to blob storage URL like this *.store.core.windows.net OR hitting some kind of proxy within your environment which is causing the problem

If CBEngine is not sending more data, then check if you are limited by bandwidth availability or if you have enabled throttling to very low limit.. which can cause slow replication

Regards, ilango

• Marked as answer by AshishGangwar Thursday, October 13, 2016 7:33 AM
    Friday, August 5, 2016 4:06 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I am checking the issue with our backend team, I shall revert to you as soon as I have an update.

Regards,
    Sumanth BM

Tuesday, July 12, 2016 8:10 PM
  • Hello Asish,

My apologies for the delayed response!

It would be great if you can open up a Support ticket to find the root cause of the issue. You may open a support ticket with our technical team for much detailed analysis of the issue:
    http://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/support/options/

Regards,
    Sumanth BM

Tuesday, July 26, 2016 5:38 PM
  • Hi Asish,

Replication is stuck or progressing slowly? If it is stuck, we may have to investigate through logs but, if it is progressing slowly, then it is Most likely a bandwidth constraint causing this slow replication.

1. What is the available bandwidth from ASR management server out to internet i.e. ASR server on AWS to Azure storage

2. What is the bandwidth consumed by ASR for replication i.e. On the ASR management server, can you check.. Task manager | Performance tab | click Resource monitor | Network tab | select cbengine.exe from the list of processes to filter | monitor "Send (B/sec)" | This would give you the exact value of bandwidth consumption by ASR. | also notice the "Address" column to see if it is going to blob storage URL like this *.store.core.windows.net OR hitting some kind of proxy within your environment which is causing the problem

If CBEngine is not sending more data, then check if you are limited by bandwidth availability or if you have enabled throttling to very low limit.. which can cause slow replication

Regards, ilango

• Marked as answer by AshishGangwar Thursday, October 13, 2016 7:33 AM
    Friday, August 5, 2016 4:06 AM