none
Reiping of Exchange Server 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• one of our AD site we have 3 exchange servers, one CAS, and 2 Mailbox

both mailbox servers are on same subnet but the CAS server is on a different subnet so to simplify our setup should be bring the CAS server to the same subnet or it does not make any difference as far as network is fine.

I am not finding any best practice related to same AD Site and different subnet scenario, please suggest.

Thursday, March 6, 2014 11:54 PM

Answers

• Hi

Exchange servers will work fine on different subnets.As long as there is no firewall between these 2  servers in the subnet  you should be fine.Even if you have firewall it will work fine but ensure that you have DC and GC connectivity if you have firewall to these servers since exchange needs them to contact frequently.

But keep in mind the exchange servers need to talk to each other almost constantly and that would just make things extremely difficult and make troubleshooting harder if you run into any issues with Exchange and GD/DC connectivity.Its better to keep all the roles in the same subnet if you are planning to install a new setup.

Please mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question.That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you.
    Regards,
    Sathis

Friday, March 7, 2014 4:57 AM