express vs Ultimate

Question

• What are the deficiencies in VS2012 Express edition as compared to VS ultimate?

Enlist here please .Thanks

Thursday, February 21, 2013 6:02 PM

All replies

• Hello Again Unknown Learner,

You can find a comparison chart here :  http://www.microsoft.com/visualstudio/eng/products/compare

Thursday, February 21, 2013 7:48 PM
  • Daniel, i have already seen this link. could you please show me where is the comparison of express edition. i didn't find express edition there.

It would be really appreciated if we can see here with some more explanation.

Thursday, February 21, 2013 8:29 PM
  • Here is the product detail of express editor. Please check it
    http://www.microsoft.com/visualstudio/eng/products/visual-studio-express-for-windows-8#product-express-windows

Best regards,
    Jesse

Jesse Jiang
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, February 25, 2013 5:48 AM
  • Thanks jesse but where is the comparison; I need the feature comparison not product details.

I want to start development and I think that would be great If anyone could help me in detail.

Monday, February 25, 2013 7:18 PM
  •   

There is not a feature comparison chart that I know of between the free express and Ultimate.   I am not sure why this would stop development.  What is it that you are looking for?  Is there something specific that you want to do?

Daniel

Monday, February 25, 2013 9:07 PM
  • HI Daniel,

My question is simple not a complex question.

Could you please guide me what are the limitations in Express edition?

Why I require to Ultimate Edition with respect to windows store app?

For example : Ultimate edition offer some architectural feature and testing features.

Like I mentioned above , I need these features.

Why I choose your Ultimate product rather than Express edition?

If both are equal then why Express is Frees (I know Ultimate edition have some powerful features + powerful Subscription package)?

Hope this 'll help to find out the answer of question.

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 6:59 AM