Browser link refresh: how to prevent of opening a new browser window RRS feed

• Question

• User-1164279145 posted

Hello,

I'm using the browser link function in VS2015. Every time I click on refresh button, a new browser window will be opened instead of just refreshing the current browser window.

Is there maybe a setting in VS2015 to get the current browser window refreshed only?

Yours

Stephan

Friday, September 25, 2015 4:10 AM

Answers

• User-166373564 posted

Hi Stephan,

You can try Devenv.exe /SafeMode to starts Visual Studio in safe mode, loading only the default environment and services

Or you can also try Devenv /ResetSettings to restore Visual Studio default settings. Optionally resets the settings to the specified .vssettings file

Please let me know if you need any help.

With regards,

Angie

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, September 28, 2015 1:57 AM
  • User-166373564 posted

Hi Stephan,

The resetting of Devenv, is this the solution to get rid of the Firefox/Google Chrome issue?

No. I tried this in Chrome, it seems that that is default behavior of Chrome.

With regards,

Angie

Monday, October 5, 2015 2:38 AM

All replies

• User-166373564 posted

Hi Stephan,

You can try Devenv.exe /SafeMode to starts Visual Studio in safe mode, loading only the default environment and services

Or you can also try Devenv /ResetSettings to restore Visual Studio default settings. Optionally resets the settings to the specified .vssettings file

Please let me know if you need any help.

With regards,

Angie

Monday, September 28, 2015 1:57 AM
  • User-1164279145 posted

Hello Angie,

I have tested a bit and the creation of new browser windows is not done if I choose Internet Explorer. With IE, it works fine. So, I have to correct my question from above: Google Chrome or Firefox will be opened several times only.

The resetting of Devenv, is this the solution to get rid of the Firefox/Google Chrome issue?

Yours
    Stephan

Monday, September 28, 2015 4:04 AM
  • User-166373564 posted

Hi Stephan,

No. I tried this in Chrome, it seems that that is default behavior of Chrome.

With regards,

Angie

Monday, October 5, 2015 2:38 AM