none
Interchange parsing error caused by UNB6 field RRS feed

• Question

• I got the follow error when I use EdiReceive component to process an inbound interchange message.  

Error: 1 (Miscellaneous error)

47: Envelope functionality not supported

Error: 2 (Field level error)

SegmentID: UNB

Position in TS: 1

Data Element ID:

Position in Segment: 6

Data Value:

12: Invalid value in data element

The UNB portion of the message is like

UNB+UNOA:2+ASI:ZZ+CO:ZZ+070727:1541+00000000134932+AA:ZZ+IFTSAI'

The value of UNB6.1 is AA, and UNB6.2 is ZZ. When I leave the UNB6 part blank, the message is actully processed successfully. Any idea what causes it?

Friday, April 11, 2008 8:22 PM

Answers

• UNB6 fields are used for authentication purposes. If you have UNB6 in the instance and it does not match the values configured in the party to which the document resolves to, you will see the error that you see. To fix this, go to "Party as Interchange Sender/Edifact Interchange Processing Properties" and set the UNB6.1 and UNB6.2 fields to match whatever is in the instance and try again after restarting the host instance.

Thanks

Mohsin Kalam

www.mohsink.com - Blog about Microsoft BizTalk R2 EDI

Monday, April 21, 2008 10:59 PM
  • It's working now. Thank you, Mohsin. Your blog will be my bible.

Tuesday, April 22, 2008 8:08 PM

All replies

• UNB6 fields are used for authentication purposes. If you have UNB6 in the instance and it does not match the values configured in the party to which the document resolves to, you will see the error that you see. To fix this, go to "Party as Interchange Sender/Edifact Interchange Processing Properties" and set the UNB6.1 and UNB6.2 fields to match whatever is in the instance and try again after restarting the host instance.

Thanks

Mohsin Kalam

www.mohsink.com - Blog about Microsoft BizTalk R2 EDI

Monday, April 21, 2008 10:59 PM
  • It's working now. Thank you, Mohsin. Your blog will be my bible.

Tuesday, April 22, 2008 8:08 PM