Add addition entities and CSP option RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Support,

I have just signed up and as I am trying to set up some of the account, I realised I can only create one entity and EA only. what do I need to do to have the option to add another entity and where is the CSP option?

Many Thanks,

Mahmoud

Thursday, September 28, 2017 1:20 AM

Answers

• Hi Mahmoud,

Thanks for setting up an Azure Cost Management account and for your inquiry.

It is possible to add multiple EA's to one Cloudyn subscription.

The following article and video covers adding an additional "entity" in order to be able to add a second EA to an existing Cloudyn subscription: 

Please note:

1. If you registered as EA and wish to add CSP, we will need to change your setup via our back-end, so you can add CSP credentials as well in a separate entity. If you want us to set that up, please provide the 4 first characters of the e-mail you used for registration.
    2. Once you follow the instructions above and create your entity tree, please know an entity can host either EA credentials or CSP credentials, but not both. You can host EA credentials in one entity and CSP credentials in a second one.

Please let us know if adding additional EAs is sufficient or if you want us to change your setup. 

Also, feel free to contact us if you still need more help.

Thanks!

Sharon

• Marked as answer by Mahmoud Draj Wednesday, October 4, 2017 10:40 PM
    Thursday, September 28, 2017 8:27 AM

All replies

• Hi

Create new entity and choose MSP Access instead of Enterprise. You will see to add CSP account on that entity.

Thursday, September 28, 2017 8:18 AM
  • Hi Mahmoud,

Thanks for setting up an Azure Cost Management account and for your inquiry.

It is possible to add multiple EA's to one Cloudyn subscription.

The following article and video covers adding an additional "entity" in order to be able to add a second EA to an existing Cloudyn subscription: 

Please note:

1. If you registered as EA and wish to add CSP, we will need to change your setup via our back-end, so you can add CSP credentials as well in a separate entity. If you want us to set that up, please provide the 4 first characters of the e-mail you used for registration.
    2. Once you follow the instructions above and create your entity tree, please know an entity can host either EA credentials or CSP credentials, but not both. You can host EA credentials in one entity and CSP credentials in a second one.

Please let us know if adding additional EAs is sufficient or if you want us to change your setup. 

Also, feel free to contact us if you still need more help.

Thanks!

Sharon

• Marked as answer by Mahmoud Draj Wednesday, October 4, 2017 10:40 PM
    Thursday, September 28, 2017 8:27 AM
  • Hi Sharon,

At the moment I don't have the option to add an entity as "+ Add Entity".

PS. I have only created the account last week to trial it out, I didn't had the choice if I whether want to sign up EA or CSP.

Thanks. 

Sunday, October 1, 2017 11:16 PM
  • Have you used the official documentation to create it. You will need to click on the link from the Azure Portal:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/cost-management/quick-register-azure-sub

• Proposed as answer by jm.pouliot Wednesday, October 4, 2017 10:39 PM
    Monday, October 2, 2017 6:32 AM
  • Hi Stanislav,

I did not subscribe from Azure portal. I've signed up through cloudyn.com and added my first entity which was an EA account and then I wanted to add another entity but I cannot see + sign to add a new one.

Monday, October 2, 2017 10:06 PM
  • Hi Mahmoud,

At this point as we're integrating into Microsoft, I agree with Stanislav and suggest you register again via https://azure.cloudyn.com.

This will allow you to choose between EA, CSP or Direct Accounts registration options and easily set you up with Cloudyn.

Thanks,

Sharon

• Proposed as answer by jm.pouliot Wednesday, October 4, 2017 10:39 PM
    Tuesday, October 3, 2017 8:05 AM
  • Hi Sharon,

I have went ahead and signed up from https://azure.cloudyn.com and I can see all the features :)

I have deleted the EA account from the previous account and now I can't add the EA account to the new one as i am receiving "Enrollment Number already exists in our application".

Can you please assist?

Many thanks,

Mahmoud

Wednesday, October 4, 2017 2:27 AM
  • Hi Mahmoud,

I will try to help of course.

Let me check this with our engineering team, I believe they need to change something on our end to allow this entry again.

Thanks,

Sharon

Wednesday, October 4, 2017 11:32 AM