How can i bubble up an exception to pagebase ? RRS feed

• Question

• User1253338400 posted

Hi 

I have the foollowing ,

if (String.IsNullOrWhiteSpace(custID))

throw new FactoryException("Unable to access current UserID, possible cause is session timeout. Please log out and retry your action.");

the code then goes to pagebase , but the issue is that when i access   Server.GetLastError() , i cant see the error in the Message . Its seems that the GetLastError is empty ?

Any reason why this may happen ?

thanks

Thursday, August 4, 2016 12:11 AM

Answers

• User753101303 posted

Hi,

Where in PageBase and how do you get there? If you have a catch block it seems expected. AFAIK it expose an exception if it was unhandled (for  example in a Error event rather than really all exceptions that happened). If using catch you'll use catch(FactoryException ex) to handle this particular kind of exception and get its details.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, August 4, 2016 7:41 AM

All replies

• User753101303 posted

Hi,

Where in PageBase and how do you get there? If you have a catch block it seems expected. AFAIK it expose an exception if it was unhandled (for  example in a Error event rather than really all exceptions that happened). If using catch you'll use catch(FactoryException ex) to handle this particular kind of exception and get its details.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, August 4, 2016 7:41 AM
  • User1724605321 posted

Hi robby ,

You could also create a custom error page , within the Application_error event , you could log your exception / redirect user to the custom error page by :

Server.Transfer("~/error.aspx");

In page_load event of error page , you could get the error by :

var error = Server.GetLastError();

Best Regards,

Nan Yu

Thursday, August 4, 2016 7:55 AM
  • User1253338400 posted

Thanks your info helped.

Thursday, August 4, 2016 11:54 PM