[WPSL]Cryptic error seen while trying to upgrade WP8 app RRS feed

• Question

• Hi folks,

I'm attempting to update my app in the Dev Center, and literally the only thing that has changed about it is an update to the API key used to contact some back-end services.  However, when I try to upload the XAP, I get the following error message:

Internal package processing error: System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null. Parameter name: key at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.FindEntry(TKey key) at Microsoft.MarketplaceServices.Ingestion.ProductCatalogService.Utilities.UnpublishedPhoneProductGuidProvider.GetIdByPackageFamilyName(String name) in c:\B\311\DCEProductCatalog_Live\S\private\DCEProductCatalog\src\ProductCatalogFD\Utilities\UnpublishedPhoneProductGuidProvider.cs:line 208 at Microsoft.MarketplaceServices.Ingestion.ProductCatalogService.Controllers.V1.PackageValidationV1Controller.<CreateOrGetPhoneProductAsync>d__1b6.MoveNext() in c:\B\311\DCEProductCatalog_Live\S\private\DCEProductCatalog\src\ProductCatalogFD\ProductCatalogFD\V1\Global\PackageValidationV1Controller.cs:line 3121 --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter`1.GetResult() at Microsoft.MarketplaceServices.Ingestion.ProductCatalogService.Controllers.V1.PackageValidationV1Controller.<CreateEntitiesForWindowsPhonePackageAsync>d__f6.MoveNext() in c:\B\311\DCEProductCatalog_Live\S\private\DCEProductCatalog\src\ProductCatalogFD\ProductCatalogFD\V1\Global\PackageValidationV1Controller.cs:line 1989 --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter`1.GetResult() at Microsoft.MarketplaceServices.Ingestion.ProductCatalogService.Controllers.V1.PackageValidationV1Controller.<ApplyPacSuccessResultAsync>d__db.MoveNext() in c:\B\311\DCEProductCatalog_Live\S\private\DCEProductCatalog\src\ProductCatalogFD\ProductCatalogFD\V1\Global\PackageValidationV1Controller.cs:line 1732 --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter`1.GetResult() at Microsoft.MarketplaceServices.Ingestion.ProductCatalogService.Controllers.V1.PackageValidationV1Controller.<HandlePacPackageProcessingAsync>d__68.MoveNext() in c:\B\311\DCEProductCatalog_Live\S\private\DCEProductCatalog\src\ProductCatalogFD\ProductCatalogFD\V1\Global\PackageValidationV1Controller.cs:line 851 --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at Microsoft.MarketplaceServices.Ingestion.ProductCatalogService.Controllers.V1.PackageValidationV1Controller.<UpdateValidationStatusAsync>d__40.MoveNext() in c:\B\311\DCEProductCatalog_Live\S\private\DCEProductCatalog\src\ProductCatalogFD\ProductCatalogFD\V1\Global\PackageValidationV1Controller.cs:line 551 --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter`1.GetResult() at Microsoft.MarketplaceServices.Ingestion.ProductCatalogService.Controllers.V1.PackageValidationV1Controller.<GetValidations>d__0.MoveNext() in c:\B\311\DCEProductCatalog_Live\S\private\DCEProductCatalog\src\ProductCatalogFD\ProductCatalogFD\V1\Global\PackageValidationV1Controller.cs:line 242

Can anyone help me solve this?  Did I miss some update or build parameter?

Thanks,
    Stephen

Friday, June 26, 2015 12:40 AM

All replies

• I am facing the same issue.

Saturday, June 27, 2015 7:15 AM
  • Hello, the same is happening to me since my account has been migrated to the new dev center.

Even submitting already existing app packeges gives the same error as yours.

I then tried to do the following:

- Created a new windows phone silverlight 8.1 app. Left it blank and vanilla, no code, only edited the new app manifest as required for the new dev center.

- Uploaded on the dev center in a NEW app definition: WORKED!

- Same identical package uploaded in an existing app package slot: FAILED with the error above.

I believe this has something to do with the new submission process, maybe related to the manifest or something, I don't know exactly.

Contacted the MS support as well. No response so far

Keep you posted

Saturday, June 27, 2015 8:09 AM
  • Even I am getting the same error - same scenario where I am trying to update existing app package. Can someone from Microsoft please look into this issue - we are unable to provide upgrades using new dev center submission process!!

Monday, June 29, 2015 3:15 PM
  • Same issue here.
    Wednesday, July 1, 2015 11:53 AM
  • I am facing same issue.... Please some one Fix it ASAP.....
    Wednesday, July 1, 2015 4:16 PM
  • Same problem here
    Friday, July 3, 2015 2:24 AM
  • I chatted with support team for this issue.... they are saying we need Paid Technical Support to resolve this. :(

Friday, July 3, 2015 10:42 AM
  • That's incredible :(
    Friday, July 3, 2015 10:44 AM
  • Could you provide some more info on how you wanted to update?

Your older xap was a windows phone 8 and you want to add a newer version?

Did you simply upgrade your solution to newer version? If so, try creating a new solution targeting new version, copy the files around and try again with a new XAP. I know upgrading windows phone 8 silverlight apps is a little glitchy, and had a similar issue when I upgrades from WP8 to WP8.1. I created new solution and that fixed it.

Friday, July 3, 2015 10:47 AM
  • My app is on WP7.1, before the new Dashboard layout, I was able to update my XAP on 25-June-2015.

Friday, July 3, 2015 10:58 AM
  • In my case is a window 8 xap file that I want to use for update

Friday, July 3, 2015 11:25 AM
  • Did you try to upgrade or update your app? there is a difference.

Updating means you simply add stuff to an existing version

Upgrading means adding a new package to support a newer version that did not exist before.

Which one did you do?

• Edited by mcosmin Friday, July 3, 2015 11:56 AM
    Friday, July 3, 2015 11:56 AM
  • Upgrade in may case, I upload a new version.
    Friday, July 3, 2015 12:00 PM
  • Upgrade in may case, I upload a new version.

Did you use the "upgrade to ..." function in visual studio when upgrading your project?
    If so, please create a new solution for your desired version and copy paste the files from the old solution and use that one. Should fix the problem.
    • Edited by mcosmin Friday, July 3, 2015 12:04 PM
    Friday, July 3, 2015 12:01 PM
  • I'm not using visual studio, it's just an hybrid app made using build.phonegap.com that compile the xap file
    Friday, July 3, 2015 12:03 PM
  • I reported this error to Microsoft team and that was his answer Thanks for reporting this error to us and sending me the link to that forum thread. I have included that with our ongoing investigation. We are still researching this issue, but others have reported a similar experience. From the forum thread, it looks like are using PhoneGap to generate your .xap package. Is that right?
    Friday, July 3, 2015 5:47 PM
  • Hello All,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are currently investigating this issue and have narrowed it down to accounts that have been migrated to the new dashboard. If you have not already done so, please contact Dev Center support if you have any additional questions.

-Eric

Windows and Windows Phone Dev Center Support

Send us your feedback about the Windows Platform

Friday, July 3, 2015 6:07 PM
  • Hey, Eric --

This class of problem also affects Windows 8.1 (non-Phone) apps, with slightly different stack trace.  Hopefully this is due to the same root cause:

Internal package processing error: System.Exception: Error finding valid framework. at Microsoft.MarketplaceServices.Ingestion.ProductCatalogService.Controllers.V1.PackageValidationV1Controller.<CreateEntitiesForWindowsPackageAsync>d__12b.MoveNext() in c:\B\410\DCEProductCatalog_HFJuneLast\S\private\DCEProductCatalog\src\ProductCatalogFD\ProductCatalogFD\V1\Global\PackageValidationV1Controller.cs:line 2387 --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter`1.GetResult() at Microsoft.MarketplaceServices.Ingestion.ProductCatalogService.Controllers.V1.PackageValidationV1Controller.<ApplyPacSuccessResultAsync>d__db.MoveNext() in c:\B\410\DCEProductCatalog_HFJuneLast\S\private\DCEProductCatalog\src\ProductCatalogFD\ProductCatalogFD\V1\Global\PackageValidationV1Controller.cs:line 1746 --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter`1.GetResult() at Microsoft.MarketplaceServices.Ingestion.ProductCatalogService.Controllers.V1.PackageValidationV1Controller.<HandlePacPackageProcessingAsync>d__68.MoveNext() in c:\B\410\DCEProductCatalog_HFJuneLast\S\private\DCEProductCatalog\src\ProductCatalogFD\ProductCatalogFD\V1\Global\PackageValidationV1Controller.cs:line 851 --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at Microsoft.MarketplaceServices.Ingestion.ProductCatalogService.Controllers.V1.PackageValidationV1Controller.<UpdateValidationStatusAsync>d__40.MoveNext() in c:\B\410\DCEProductCatalog_HFJuneLast\S\private\DCEProductCatalog\src\ProductCatalogFD\ProductCatalogFD\V1\Global\PackageValidationV1Controller.cs:line 551 --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter`1.GetResult() at Microsoft.MarketplaceServices.Ingestion.ProductCatalogService.Controllers.V1.PackageValidationV1Controller.<GetValidations>d__0.MoveNext() in c:\B\410\DCEProductCatalog_HFJuneLast\S\private\DCEProductCatalog\src\ProductCatalogFD\ProductCatalogFD\V1\Global\PackageValidationV1Controller.cs:line 242

Keith J. Farmer [Idea Entity]

Friday, July 3, 2015 6:31 PM
  • Yes, I also see a similar stack trace when I try to upload a Windows Store App package (non-Phone). I tried with a new test app and got the same result. I am sure that OsMinVersion is in the mafinest.

Internal package processing error: System.ArgumentException: Invalid OsMinVersion: 0 at Microsoft.MarketplaceServices.Ingestion.ProductCatalogService.Controllers.V1.PackageValidationV1Controller.WindowsMinVersionsAreSameOsVersion(Int64 osMinVersion, Int64 osMinVersion2) in c:\B\311\DCEProductCatalog_Live\S\private\DCEProductCatalog\src\ProductCatalogFD\ProductCatalogFD\V1\Global\PackageValidationV1Controller.cs:line 3249 at System.Linq.Enumerable.SingleOrDefault[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 predicate) at Microsoft.MarketplaceServices.Ingestion.ProductCatalogService.Controllers.V1.PackageValidationV1Controller.<CreateOrGetVariantForMinVersionAsync>d__1c6.MoveNext() in c:\B\311\DCEProductCatalog_Live\S\private\DCEProductCatalog\src\ProductCatalogFD\ProductCatalogFD\V1\Global\PackageValidationV1Controller.cs:line 3211 --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter`1.GetResult() at Microsoft.MarketplaceServices.Ingestion.ProductCatalogService.Controllers.V1.PackageValidationV1Controller.<CreateEntitiesForWindowsPackageAsync>d__12b.MoveNext() in c:\B\311\DCEProductCatalog_Live\S\private\DCEProductCatalog\src\ProductCatalogFD\ProductCatalogFD\V1\Global\PackageValidationV1Controller.cs:line 2335 --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter`1.GetResult() at Microsoft.MarketplaceServices.Ingestion.ProductCatalogService.Controllers.V1.PackageValidationV1Controller.<ApplyPacSuccessResultAsync>d__db.MoveNext() in c:\B\311\DCEProductCatalog_Live\S\private\DCEProductCatalog\src\ProductCatalogFD\ProductCatalogFD\V1\Global\PackageValidationV1Controller.cs:line 1746 --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter`1.GetResult() at Microsoft.MarketplaceServices.Ingestion.ProductCatalogService.Controllers.V1.PackageValidationV1Controller.<HandlePacPackageProcessingAsync>d__68.MoveNext() in c:\B\311\DCEProductCatalog_Live\S\private\DCEProductCatalog\src\ProductCatalogFD\ProductCatalogFD\V1\Global\PackageValidationV1Controller.cs:line 851 --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at Microsoft.MarketplaceServices.Ingestion.ProductCatalogService.Controllers.V1.PackageValidationV1Controller.<UpdateValidationStatusAsync>d__40.MoveNext() in c:\B\311\DCEProductCatalog_Live\S\private\DCEProductCatalog\src\ProductCatalogFD\ProductCatalogFD\V1\Global\PackageValidationV1Controller.cs:line 551 --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter`1.GetResult() at Microsoft.MarketplaceServices.Ingestion.ProductCatalogService.Controllers.V1.PackageValidationV1Controller.<GetValidations>d__0.MoveNext() in c:\B\311\DCEProductCatalog_Live\S\private\DCEProductCatalog\src\ProductCatalogFD\ProductCatalogFD\V1\Global\PackageValidationV1Controller.cs:line 242

Friday, July 3, 2015 10:08 PM
  • Hi all,

I am also facing the exact same issues. I get the same error while uploading a new package to my app.

Eric - to give you some extra info I conducted a few tests. If I create a new App in the dashboard, I am able to upload my builds to it without any problem (including Win 8.0 / 8.1 Silver-light and Windows Phone)... however if I select my existing (migrated app) I am unable to upload a new package by either building a silverlight XAP release, or, even if I create a new visual studio project, link it to the store app, then export a new package. 

The result is also this:

Internal package processing error: Microsoft.MarketplaceServices.Ingestion.ProductCatalogService.PartnerService.WindowsPartnerException: Failed to provision app. at Microsoft.MarketplaceServices.Ingestion.ProductCatalogService.Utilities.WindowsPartnerProxy.HandleException(Exception exception) in c:\B\16\DCEProductCatalog_HFJuneLast\S\private\DCEProductCatalog\src\ProductCatalogFD\Utilities\WindowsPartnerProxy.cs:line 931 at Microsoft.MarketplaceServices.Ingestion.ProductCatalogService.Utilities.WindowsPartnerProxy.<>c__DisplayClass1c.<provisionwindowsappasync>b__1b() in c:\B\16\DCEProductCatalog_HFJuneLast\S\private\DCEProductCatalog\src\ProductCatalogFD\Utilities\WindowsPartnerProxy.cs:line 544 at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.InnerInvoke() at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at Microsoft.MarketplaceServices.Ingestion.ProductCatalogService.Utilities.WindowsPartnerProxy.<provisionwindowsappasync>d__1e.MoveNext() in c:\B\16\DCEProductCatalog_HFJuneLast\S\private\DCEProductCatalog\src\ProductCatalogFD\Utilities\WindowsPartnerProxy.cs:line 514 --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter`1.GetResult() at Microsoft.MarketplaceServices.Ingestion.ProductCatalogService.Controllers.V1.PackageValidationV1Controller.<validatereservednamespackageasync>d__b6.MoveNext() in c:\B\16\DCEProductCatalog_HFJuneLast\S\private\DCEProductCatalog\src\ProductCatalogFD\ProductCatalogFD\V1\Global\PackageValidationV1Controller.cs:line 1480 --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter`1.GetResult() at Microsoft.MarketplaceServices.Ingestion.ProductCatalogService.Controllers.V1.PackageValidationV1Controller.<handlepacpackageprocessingasync>d__68.MoveNext() in c:\B\16\DCEProductCatalog_HFJuneLast\S\private\DCEProductCatalog\src\ProductCatalogFD\ProductCatalogFD\V1\Global\PackageValidationV1Controller.cs:line 804 --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at Microsoft.MarketplaceServices.Ingestion.ProductCatalogService.Controllers.V1.PackageValidationV1Controller.<updatevalidationstatusasync>d__40.MoveNext() in c:\B\16\DCEProductCatalog_HFJuneLast\S\private\DCEProductCatalog\src\ProductCatalogFD\ProductCatalogFD\V1\Global\PackageValidationV1Controller.cs:line 551 --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter`1.GetResult() at Microsoft.MarketplaceServices.Ingestion.ProductCatalogService.Controllers.V1.PackageValidationV1Controller.<getvalidations>d__0.MoveNext() in c:\B\16\DCEProductCatalog_HFJuneLast\S\private\DCEProductCatalog\src\ProductCatalogFD\ProductCatalogFD\V1\Global\PackageValidationV1Controller.cs:line 242 </getvalidations></updatevalidationstatusasync></handlepacpackageprocessingasync></validatereservednamespackageasync></provisionwindowsappasync></provisionwindowsappasync>

Monday, July 6, 2015 11:24 AM
  • Same issue here.

Internal package processing error: Microsoft.MarketplaceServices.Ingestion.ProductCatalogService.PartnerService.WindowsPartnerException (...)

Any update?

Monday, July 6, 2015 1:23 PM
  • Hello Kryptonic,

That is great troubleshooting and really helps zero in on the root cause. Would you please create a case and post the SR # here? I'd like to talk to you directly to collect more details.

-Eric

Monday, July 6, 2015 1:39 PM
  • Hello Kryptonic,

That is great troubleshooting and really helps zero in on the root cause. Would you please create a case and post the SR # here? I'd like to talk to you directly to collect more details.

-Eric

Hi Eric,

Thanks for coming back to me on this! I have submitted a new ticket (as well as doing some more tests to try help everyone else out!) 

My ticket number is : 1295359820

Feel free to ask anything additional regarding this as I am more than happy to help!

Monday, July 6, 2015 3:37 PM
  • Test: Convert my 8.0 Silverlight App to 8.1 (including upgrading the manifest files)

Result: Same exception message

Test: Create a new (empty) project in 8.1 Silverlight and attempt to apply this XAP as an update

Test: Create a new (empty) project Windows Phone, link to the store via visual studio and export an update package

Test: Create a NEW store App and conduct the above tests against this new app listing

Result: All tests passed 

Overall conclusion:

The dashboard seems to be working correctly, however, the migration of some of the legacy apps do not seem to work. I am not sure if it is because these older apps were built using Windows 8.0 Silverlight (and thus do not have the additional manifest information in them) or if it’s another problem, but whatever it is, it seems to be fairly widespread

Monday, July 6, 2015 3:39 PM
  • Hello Microsoft,

I am having the same problem in trying to submit an updated WP7.1 app now for 2 weeks. The same long internal package processing error shows up at submitting the xap. Do you have an update for this problem or any idea as to how much longer it might take to fix this submission problem?

Jai

Monday, July 6, 2015 4:04 PM
  • And my case happens to not be Silverlight (Win 8.1 XAML), so I doubt Silverlight's the culprit in and of itself.  What I've seen reported points simply to updating an existing app versus a newly-created app.

Monday, July 6, 2015 5:33 PM
  • I have the same problem.

Me returns this error when updating an old application. But for new applications, updates normal.

My application is for Windows Phone 8.0

Monday, July 6, 2015 8:01 PM
  • Hi guys,

Just to let you know I have had word from the guys at MS Support that this is a known issue and they are actively looking into getting it resolved as soon as possible for us all!

I'm sure if we all work together we can get this issue nailed - ill post updates as i know more :)

Have a good evening!

Cheers
    Will

Monday, July 6, 2015 8:49 PM
  • Thank you, Will.
    Tuesday, July 7, 2015 1:27 PM
  • Hello Everyone,

This should be resolved. Please try submitting your apps now and if you still experience any issues please contact Dev Center support so we can look at your apps/accounts.

-Eric

Tuesday, July 7, 2015 5:44 PM
  • Still fails for me

Incident Title: My account was migrated from the Windows Dev Center to the new unified Dev Center [...]

Support Request Number:1295538734

Tuesday, July 7, 2015 8:51 PM
  • Still fails for me too, trying to update the app... in this time the error is just a generic "an unexpected error ocurred. Please try again later. If the problem continues, contact suport"...", 

The support center contact me saying that this error has been solved, but it seems not :(

Tuesday, July 7, 2015 8:55 PM
  • Hi Eric (and everyone else)

So I have just been playing around with it... I tried re-uploading my 8.0 Silverlight App (original XAP package that I know worked on the old dashboard) and it errors...

So I tried my 8.1 Silverlight variation of the App (with all the manifest updates included) and it still gives me the unexpected error message....

So I tried my "blank windows phone app" and attempt to use the "Visual studio tools" for associating the app with a store listing and deploying the package... for some reason the wizard tools inside VS are reporting an "unexpected network issue" and wont list my "store apps" to choose from

Until I can confirm this last check I still cant 100% say the fixes work on the dashboard. Surely users cannot be expected to upgrade all their silver light apps to windows phone apps - personally.. for me... it's not a big issue i could live with it, if its what I had to do to make it work... but its not ideal!

I will try again later to see if the VS store tools are working again and report my findings... but so far its a negative :(

Tuesday, July 7, 2015 9:18 PM
  • Thanks everyone for trying again. I'll look into this more and see what I can find out since this error is slightly different.

-Eric

Tuesday, July 7, 2015 9:21 PM
  • Hi Eric

I know it's a bit unorthodox asking, but could you have a look into why the VS Store Wizard tools might not be working? Everything with my internet connection appears OK, and I can access all other MS services at the moment but every time I attempts to access the store listing I get the following error:

An unexpected network error has occurred. The app list cannot be refreshed. Please retry by pressing the Refresh button.

Until I can get the wizard working I cannot test if the dashboard works with Windows Phone (non silverlight) App updates :)

Cheers!
    Will

Tuesday, July 7, 2015 9:31 PM
  • Following is the response form MS Support.

The error may still occur but not as much, so you might have to try a few times for the package to go through. 

I tried more than 10 time to upload my XAP, every time it gives me new error ( An unexpected error occurred. Please try again later. If the problem continues, contact support.

Still its not fixed :(

Wednesday, July 8, 2015 7:18 AM
  • Hi Eric,

I've replied to the support email I was sent earlier (SRX1295359820ID)

From what I can gather from everybody else's comments it's still pretty much broken with the same error for those that had the original update problem :(

Cheers
    Will

Wednesday, July 8, 2015 8:43 AM
  • WP 7.1

Shows...

"An unexpected error occurred. Please try again later. If the problem continues, contact support."

.. for me!

Wednesday, July 8, 2015 2:14 PM
  • Hi all,

Had an email from MS support earlier saying they are still experiencing some technical issues with some migrated accounts. Not sure how widespread this is, but its great news that MS are so eager to get to the bottom of this and get it sorted for us!

As soon as I know anything more I will let you all know :)

Cheers
    Will

Wednesday, July 8, 2015 11:04 PM
  • Hello All,

Would you please try resubmitting your apps this evening and let me know the results? I believe the root cause has been identified and addressed.

Thursday, July 9, 2015 1:57 AM
  • Hi Eric,

Bad news I'm afraid - it still appears to be failing with the same error message - I have emailed you so more information though

Is this working for anyone else?

Cheers
    Will

Thursday, July 9, 2015 7:55 AM
  • hello eric.

I faced same issue. but now there is no problem.

Thursday, July 9, 2015 12:48 PM
  • Yes Its Fixed now

For your new Submission before uploading the new package please Delete/Remove your Previous package otherwise It shows Validation Error and Warning....

Hope this will more help you to upload the package :)

Thursday, July 9, 2015 1:43 PM
  • Issue has been fixed for uploading windows phone 8.0 package.

However, I still get errors when I try to upload a windows phone 8.1 (Silverlight) package as below:

Invalid package identity name: 4c69df28-f6a1-463b-9b30-abde72d6001f (expected: )

Invalid package family name: 4c69df28-f6a1-463b-9b30-abde72d6001f_mhw94rhw71gr6 (expected: )

Invalid package publisher name: CN=Prajwala (expected: )

Thursday, July 9, 2015 2:57 PM
  • I still have the same problem, and is a windows phone 8.0 xap 
    Thursday, July 9, 2015 10:21 PM
  • Hello all,

I can confirm that after a lot of hard work from Eric and his team we've made some good progress... as Prajwala has already mentioned.... Windows 8.0 Silverlight packages now work great

I also get the exact same error as Prajwala is getting when trying to submit an 8.1 package, so I hope this one gets solved quickly!

If anyone else was having problems with the VS Store integration with Windows Phone Apps, then this also appears to be working!

Again - Thanks to Eric and his team for really taking the time to understand these problems and getting the problems fixed! Im sure I speak for everyone when I say it's massively appreciated :)

Cheers
    Will

Friday, July 10, 2015 9:26 AM
  • Any progress ? ;)
    Saturday, July 11, 2015 12:53 PM
  • I still get the "An unexpected error occurred. Please try again later. If the problem continues, contact support.".

WP 7.1

Thursday, July 16, 2015 1:03 PM
  • Windows dev center suport has contacted to me again asking for the xap package for testing.

So they are still working on this problem.

Thursday, July 16, 2015 1:06 PM
  • It looks like that it has started to work now, at least for me.
    Friday, July 17, 2015 3:10 PM
  • Not for me :(
    Friday, July 17, 2015 3:30 PM
  • not for me to :(
    Tuesday, July 21, 2015 9:26 PM
  • As the OP, I'd like to share that my most recent attempt to update my application was successful.  Thanks for solving the issue; hopefully you can fix those who continue to see it.

Regards,

Stephen

Wednesday, July 22, 2015 2:41 AM
  • I still get the An unexpected error occurred. Please try again later. If the problem continues, contact support.

WP8.0 S Silverlight

Wednesday, July 22, 2015 7:40 AM
  • Paid technical support? That is odd. I have been doing the chat thing with them as well, and they are trying to assist. We still have a problem updating our app, though.
    Thursday, July 23, 2015 11:28 AM
  • Nope, still not working :/
    Thursday, July 23, 2015 11:37 AM
  • Good news for me!!

Thanks to the work of Jonathan (from the windows developer center suport team) I uploaded my xap and everything works like a charm.

Just try tu upload your xap files again and test if is also solved for you:)

PD: my app is now waiting to be in the store.

Thursday, July 23, 2015 5:12 PM
  • Still not working
    Monday, August 3, 2015 10:47 AM
  • For me also still same issue. Still there is no solution given by the support team.

Please share any other alternatives to overcome this

Tuesday, August 4, 2015 7:13 AM