App certification failed

General discussion

• Hi,

I have submitted my app on friday. But bad news came on saturday that my certification has failed. It was just given that my app has failed technical compliance because one or more test conditions has failed. I have run the same version of the certification kit on saturday twice and it has passed the certification. I am keeping the screen shot below of the app certification passed. Please help me out of this issue as it is passing the certification kit here in local machine and failed in the app store.

Monday, October 15, 2012 2:15 PM

All replies

• What version of windows 8 you have??. Windows RTM or Realease Candidate?
    Monday, October 15, 2012 3:26 PM
  • Hi Gabriel,

I have windows 8 RTM installed and app certification kit version is 2.0.9200.

Tuesday, October 16, 2012 5:05 AM
  • Hi,

I have windows 8 RTM installed and app certification kit version is 2.0.9200. The app passed the certification kit in my local and has failed at windows store. I have tested the same package. Please any one help me out as I am not able to understand why the certification has failed. Thanks in advance

Wednesday, October 17, 2012 12:28 PM
  • really its very strange.... are you sure are you uploading the right files? or something like that.. because.. the techincal compilance is the same as certification kit. Do you get any error when u upload the file?

About technical compilance i found that:

Technical compliance tests

Technical compliance is tested by the Windows App Certification Kit. For info on how you can test your app with this kit before you submit it to the store, see How to test your app with the Windows App Certification Kit.

Wednesday, October 17, 2012 2:44 PM
  • Hi,

Yes I have tested the same package that we have uploaded and we are not able to understand why it has failed at the store. I tested yesterday too and it has passed again. I am thinking to upload the same package again. What do you say??

Thursday, October 18, 2012 5:34 AM
  • Test it.. you dont lost nothing :)
    Thursday, October 18, 2012 9:41 AM
  • This is really awkward.. When I uploaded a new package of the same code again, this time it has passed all the tests and now is in content compliance status. This is really very surprising that it has failed previously and now it has passed successfully.
    Thursday, October 18, 2012 12:23 PM
  • Then, all its ok now... really, dont know what happened...

Thursday, October 18, 2012 1:04 PM