none
Modify Starting dates of projects and activities RRS feed

• Question

•  I have a project and I got an extension one month for deliverable. ie postpone all starting dates by one month.

Is there is any possibility to change all tasks or group of tasks starting date by a certain amount of days once instead of changing all tasks manually.

Tuesday, February 4, 2014 7:55 AM

Answers

• Hello,

Are you trying to do this programmatically? Just checking as you posted in the customisation forum. If you are doing this manually and you want the whole project to move, change the project start date. If it is just a section of tasks, may be all tasks under a certain summary task, update the start date of the fist task under that summary task. This would work if you have the linking (predecessors / successors) set up on the tasks. If there is no linking, you could select all the tasks you want to move then click the Move options on the Task ribbon, then select the number of weeks / days that you want to push the tasks out by.

If I have, misunderstood, please let me know :)

Paul 

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS

Tuesday, February 4, 2014 8:44 AM

All replies

•  I have a project and I got an extension one month for deliverable. ie postpone all starting dates by one month.

Is there is any possibilty to change all tasks or group of tasks satrting date by acertain amount of days once instead of changing all tasks manually.

Tuesday, February 4, 2014 7:50 AM
  • Hello,

Are you trying to do this programmatically? Just checking as you posted in the customisation forum. If you are doing this manually and you want the whole project to move, change the project start date. If it is just a section of tasks, may be all tasks under a certain summary task, update the start date of the fist task under that summary task. This would work if you have the linking (predecessors / successors) set up on the tasks. If there is no linking, you could select all the tasks you want to move then click the Move options on the Task ribbon, then select the number of weeks / days that you want to push the tasks out by.

If I have, misunderstood, please let me know :)

Paul 

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS

Tuesday, February 4, 2014 8:44 AM