How to get a parameter in Crystal Report RRS feed

• Question

• User-430174266 posted

Hi all,

I am working with Crystal report. I have one question,

I have added 5 parameters in my report (.rpt) file. Here i want to check, whether these parameters are available in the .rpt file using .net aspx page code behind.

I am using following code set parameter,

localReport.SetParameters("@params1",name)

Is that any possible way to Get parameter in code behind.

Thanks in advance.

Thursday, June 16, 2011 12:39 AM

Answers

• User-236691393 posted

Crystal reports parameters can be made visibile on the reports by selecting themin field explorer's parameterFields and right click shows insert into reports option.

However I suggest to press Run the report directly(outsife Visual studio) by pressing F5 and then it will ask you to enter parameters if there are in the report. The parameter page shows how you have set parameters.

Visual studio Code behind will not be able to show you fields in Crystal reports. You need to pass the parameters by listing names (According you my research).

Hope that Helps.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, June 16, 2011 11:47 AM

All replies

• User-1345528502 posted

Hai thiruppathi.alagan

You see in view that explerer..... on near that database expert, there u can see add parameters..... right click add parameter & there u can fill the parameter name & default all, then from code calling this report pass those parameters

You cant get know what and all are the parameters, just pass them as u needed

Thursday, June 16, 2011 12:58 AM
  • User-236691393 posted

Crystal reports parameters can be made visibile on the reports by selecting themin field explorer's parameterFields and right click shows insert into reports option.

However I suggest to press Run the report directly(outsife Visual studio) by pressing F5 and then it will ask you to enter parameters if there are in the report. The parameter page shows how you have set parameters.

Visual studio Code behind will not be able to show you fields in Crystal reports. You need to pass the parameters by listing names (According you my research).

Hope that Helps.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, June 16, 2011 11:47 AM