none
VS 2013/2015 Pro hangs when drag in Data Source

Question

• I have a data source based on existing project (DataCore.vbproj). Project is attached to solution (for a UI.vbproj), and referenced to the project that hosts wpf window (UI).  For some reason, I am attempting to drag a table (VS created Dataset from SQL data, inherited into datacore) from the data source window into the xaml UI.  I am attempting to bring in the object as a standard combo box.  The system hangs with max processing for 1 core.  This behavior is new and persistant.  How can I solve it?

Thank you,

Monday, January 18, 2016 5:30 PM

All replies

• Hi Jamie,

Could you share us the detailed steps about how to repro this issue? So I could test it in my side.

For example, which Data item did you add in your WPF app?

If you create a simple app and then use a simple database, how about the result? Since this forum is to discuss the VS IDE, I think we need to make sure that whether it is related to the specific project, the specific database or the VS IDE itself. So if possible, you could share us the detailed steps one by one with screen shots, I will repro this issue in my side.

If there's any concern, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, January 20, 2016 7:36 AM
  • Any update? Jamie!

Would you mind letting us know the latest information about this issue?

Thanks,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, January 27, 2016 3:12 AM