none
Meeting response notification emails not being parsed by server RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm having a bit of an issue implementing accepting/rejecting meeting requests.  The MeetingResponse command successfully finishes.  Once that's done, I attempt to send an email confirmation to the organizer according to https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/hh428685%28v=exchg.140%29.aspx (Sending response notifications).

Here's an example of the MIME I'm sending using the SendMail command:

To: Tester Testing <test@xxx.ca>
    Message-ID: <i8swl8yv.-4t2@-1387408011.xxx.ca>
    Subject: Accepted: Test 11:36 Wed
    MIME-Version: 1.0
    Content-Type: multipart/alternative; 
     boundary="----=_Part_0_1114661696.1429717004439"

------=_Part_0_1114661696.1429717004439
    Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8
    Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

these are forced comments
    ------=_Part_0_1114661696.1429717004439
    Content-Type: text/calendar; method=REPLY; charset=utf-8; name=meeting.ics
    Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

BEGIN:VCALENDAR
    METHOD:REPLY
    PRODID:XXXEmail
    VERSION:2.0
    BEGIN:VEVENT
    ATTENDEE;PARTSTAT=ACCEPTED:MAILTO:t@xxx.ca
    ORGANIZER:MAILTO:test@xxx.ca
    DTSTART:20150422T120000
    DTEND:20150422T123000
    DTSTAMP:20150422T113625
    LOCATION;LANGUAGE=en-US:here
    UID:3D6D7B89-DE7E-45A1-B916-19DEDB2B1ADC
    CLASS:PUBLIC
    TRANSP:OPAQUE
    PRIORITY:5
    SEQUENCE:0
    END:VEVENT
    END:VCALENDAR

------=_Part_0_1114661696.1429717004439--

Unfortunately however, the server is not parsing this information as I'm led to believe it should (and does for other clients) and instead the iCalendar attachment is being shown as "not supported calendar message.ics" and the attendees meeting status is not being updated to "Accepted", it's left as "No Response".  Comparing the iCalendar attachment and the way the MIME is formatted to another client that is successful in updating the event, I don't see any major differences.

Is there something I'm missing here? Is the MIME content not formatted correctly? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, 

Steve

Friday, April 24, 2015 7:54 PM

Answers

• Hi Steve, since I have not heard from you in a while and have not received the requested data I will assume that you no longer need any assistance with troubleshooting this issue. If that is not the case please let me know as soon as possible.

Josh Curry (jcurry) | Escalation Engineer | Open Specifications Support Team

Thursday, May 7, 2015 4:10 PM

All replies

• Hi Steve, thank you for your question. A member of the protocol documentation team will respond to you soon.

Friday, April 24, 2015 9:38 PM
  • Hi Steve, can you provide some additional information about your environment? What version of Exchange Server are you using? Also, is the client application something that you are developing, Outlook, or something else?

If you could also collect an unencrypted trace file containing the request/response and send that to me at dochelp(at)microsoft(dot)com it would be very helpful. If you are working with an ActiveSync client, a Fiddler trace would be preferred.

Thank you.

Wednesday, April 29, 2015 3:51 PM
  • Hi Steve, have you had a chance to collect the requested trace file? Please let me know.

Monday, May 4, 2015 4:23 PM
  • Hi Steve, since I have not heard from you in a while and have not received the requested data I will assume that you no longer need any assistance with troubleshooting this issue. If that is not the case please let me know as soon as possible.

Thursday, May 7, 2015 4:10 PM