none
How to you remove the "Ease of Access" button from the Ctrl+Alt+Del screen RRS feed

• Question

• I have removed most options from the Ctrl+Alt+Del screen (Switch User, Change Password, etc) but have not found a way to remove the "Ease of Access" button in the lower left corner. Any ideas?

Thanks

Thursday, March 17, 2011 3:02 PM

All replies

• There is disabling it and then removing the button altogether. Utilman.EXE can be used to disable the button, but a hack to a DLL is needed to remove it. There are several examples searching the web:

http://mywaywindows.blogspot.com/2010/01/remove-irritating-ease-of-access-button.html

http://www.askvg.com/how-to-remove-branding-logo-and-ease-of-access-accessibility-button-from-windows-vista-and-7-login-screens/

-Sean

www.sjjmicro.com / www.seanliming.com / www.annabooks.com, Book Author - ProGuide to WES 7, XP Embedded Advanced, WEPOS / POS for .NET Step-by-Step
    Thursday, March 17, 2011 3:40 PM
  • Sean taks about resource hacking, INTERESTING! ;)
    "Mark/Propose As Answer" if you got one.
    Thursday, March 17, 2011 4:02 PM
  • I would prefer solutions open and available. Like the splash screens. Editing DLLs could cause potential problems down the line when it comes to servicing.

-Sean

www.sjjmicro.com / www.seanliming.com / www.annabooks.com, Book Author - ProGuide to WES 7, XP Embedded Advanced, WEPOS / POS for .NET Step-by-Step
    Thursday, March 17, 2011 8:32 PM
  • We all would prefer an offical way.
    "Mark/Propose As Answer" if you got one.
    Thursday, March 17, 2011 9:34 PM
  • I agree... when will Microsoft give us an official solution.

Same for Startup screens being blank when using unbranded screens :-( Not very customer friendly!!!!! Come on Microsoft!

Monday, March 21, 2011 4:04 PM
  • I found below words in http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_vista-desktop/remove-ease-of-access/cefa6d08-f32f-4de6-a74f-a6bd53843b52

given by Keith (Microsoft Answers Support Engineer )

"Ease of Access is built into the operating system which is why you cannot uninstall it. There are certain 3 party programs out there that will allow you to remove/disable the Ease of Access from the logon screen, so you can search the Web for those.

Using Third Party Software, including hardware drivers can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the use of Third Party Software can be solved. Using Third Party Software is at your own risk." 

Hope it helps.

Tuesday, August 30, 2011 2:55 AM

• I tried to install an Ecore. The "Ease of Access" button still in logon screen. It appears you can only remove this by third party software. which seems not recommended by Microsoft.
    Tuesday, August 30, 2011 3:08 AM
  • Back from the grave as it was the top result for the same question I had.

For Windows 10, I came across this and it worked like a charm.
    (Sorry, I do not have Win7 on hand right this moment.)
    https://www.zubairalexander.com/blog/remove-ease-of-access-button-in-windows-10/

Go to, or create if it does not exist:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Embedded\EmbeddedLogon

Within, create DWORD "BrandingNeutral"

Possible values:

Value Description
    1         Disables all the buttons on the logon screen
    2              Disables the Power button
    4         Disables the Language button
    8              Disable the Ease of Access button
    16            Disables the Switch user button

Thursday, July 25, 2019 9:21 PM
  • The support to control individual items came in with Windows Embedded 8.1 Industry. Unfortunately, WES7 didn't support this granularity.

Sean Liming - Book Author: Starter Guide Windows 10 IoT Enterprise - www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com

Friday, July 26, 2019 6:50 AM