none
Visual Studio 2015 Unable to start debugging

Question

• When I open any project or create a new project in VS2015, I get the following message when I try to debug. I have tried repairing VS, turned off UAC, rebooting, etc.

"Error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging.

Failed to process configuration file. Try to restart this application. If failures continue, try to repair your installation."

• Edited by wayne3200 Wednesday, February 17, 2016 10:50 PM
    Wednesday, February 17, 2016 10:48 PM

Answers

• Hi wayne3200,

So you mean that all projects have the same issue, am I right? For example, just create a simple C# Console app, you couldn't debug it, am I right?

(1)Please reset your VS settings, and then create a simple app, debug it again, so we could know that whether it is related to the settings.

TOOLS->Import and Export Settings Wizard->Reset all settings->select “No, just reset settings, overwriting my current settings”->Choose a Default Collection of settings.

(2) Please close all third party security software in your windows like the Anti-virus or others, debug it again.

(3) If still no help, maybe you could repair your VS, check it again. Please also install the VS2015 update 1.

Thanks,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by wayne3200 Thursday, February 18, 2016 3:32 PM
    Thursday, February 18, 2016 4:39 AM

All replies

• Hi wayne3200,

So you mean that all projects have the same issue, am I right? For example, just create a simple C# Console app, you couldn't debug it, am I right?

(1)Please reset your VS settings, and then create a simple app, debug it again, so we could know that whether it is related to the settings.

TOOLS->Import and Export Settings Wizard->Reset all settings->select “No, just reset settings, overwriting my current settings”->Choose a Default Collection of settings.

(2) Please close all third party security software in your windows like the Anti-virus or others, debug it again.

(3) If still no help, maybe you could repair your VS, check it again. Please also install the VS2015 update 1.

Thanks,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by wayne3200 Thursday, February 18, 2016 3:32 PM
    Thursday, February 18, 2016 4:39 AM
  • Thank you for your help Ashidacchi and Jack. I reset my settings back to the default. Tried again and still received the same message. I then ran another repair and rebooted. This seems to have corrected the problem. Many thanks to both of you!

Wayne

Thursday, February 18, 2016 3:36 PM