none
SSIS SharePoint List NTLM Error connecting to SharePoint Online RRS feed

• Question

• I have a similar issue to https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/sqlserver/en-US/40fb57a8-ef43-4823-bc6e-a2f2db150e1a/ssis-sharepoint-list-adapter-throwing-ntlm-authentication-failure-error?forum=sqlintegrationservices.

I get the same error message.

The difference is that I am trying to access SharePoint Online from Visual Studio 2015 Community Using a SharePoint Credential and a SharePoint List Source. I have read/write access to the SharePoint list and I am reasonably confident that my component properties are set up correctly. What needs to be configured so I can enable NTLM access?

• Moved by ArthurZ Wednesday, March 15, 2017 1:05 PM Not SSIS related
    Wednesday, March 15, 2017 11:52 AM

Answers

• I came across a post that stated that the SSIS SharePoint list adapters were not supported for SharePoint Online so I went an alternate route and managed to make an OData connection manager instead.
    Monday, March 20, 2017 8:58 AM

All replies

• Hi David,

Can you provide the steps in details about how you do the connection in Visual Studio? I can give it a try in my tenant to see if I can reproduce it.

Best regards,

Patrick

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, March 17, 2017 8:40 AM
  • Hi,

Any progress?

Best regards,

Patrick

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, March 20, 2017 8:50 AM
  • I came across a post that stated that the SSIS SharePoint list adapters were not supported for SharePoint Online so I went an alternate route and managed to make an OData connection manager instead.
    Monday, March 20, 2017 8:58 AM
  • I have tried to do this using an ODATA connector but have not been successful. I can preview the SP Online list just fine but when I run the SSIS package it just runs and runs until it eventually times out.  The data never gets to SQL. How did you get it to work?
    Wednesday, May 9, 2018 7:33 PM