synchronizing two tablixes on an rdlc report RRS feed

• Question

• User-1083916677 posted

Have an rdlc report with two datasources and two tablixes.  Most of the report renders correctly, however, the two tablixes are out of sync, i.e. i want the groups to be the same for any given report page.  my first thought was to filter the second tablix using a reportitem, but the compiler won't allow that. any ideas how to accomplish this? 

I can't put all of the data into a single tablix because I need them to be side by side and each is a different length, not to mention the data is completely different.

Thursday, October 9, 2014 5:32 PM

All replies

• User-734925760 posted

Hi,

So far as I know, you can set dataset to different tablix by the tablix properties. Then we can directly show the data into tablix.

There is a document about Dataset and tablix filtering in SQL Server Reporting Services, please refer to the link below:

http://www.mssqltips.com/sqlservertip/2597/dataset-and-tablix-filtering-in-sql-server-reporting-services/

Hope it's useful for you.

Best Regards,

Michelle Ge

Friday, October 10, 2014 5:45 AM
  • User-1083916677 posted

I'm not trying to filter the tablix with a hardcoded value.  The filter needs to be dynamic, i.e. as each page is generated the tablix data needs to be filtered by the current record id.

Friday, October 10, 2014 3:58 PM