Blank screen after starting LightSwitch OOB - application RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I recently deployed a 3-Tier-Desktop Application to a Windows Server 2008 R2 running IIS 7.5. It's a fresh install in a virtual machine. The virtual machine has Internet access via a proxy. The database is on a different server, I can login to the db server via telnet from the vm. Now, I create a deployment package via VS2012, checking the "Desktop" and "Web" checkboxes.

On the IIS, I installed the LS 2012 prereq without local SQL Server. I enabled "anonymous authentication" in the ASP.net settings. The application itself logs in with a default user and does the authorization via a custom dialog and custom table, not using any of the ASP.Net Auth features.

When starting the application, our login screen shows, e.g. silverlight is running. I enter my credentials, and click the "install" button. The application gets installed, and starts. It shows "Loading..." for a while, and then displays a blank screen. When enabling the trace, I can open up the trace.axd and see a 200 Status code for the GetAuthenticationInfo-call, a 400 status for two following table calls, and finally a 304 for the XAP.

Atm I have no access to the VM, so I'm not quite sure about the timestamps for the calls, maybe the last call is the only one the OOB application does.

However, there must be a reason for my application not working out of browser. Any ideas? I can provide more details, if necessary.

Thursday, February 14, 2013 4:39 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Try my approach in solving this problem in this this thread http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/lightswitch/thread/8b97f47a-7611-4f73-b49e-36305194b0db.  

Kharol

Friday, February 15, 2013 8:43 AM
  • The post above needs the full stop removing from the URL link, but the basic premise is that there are lots of other posts asking the same question and the three basic answers are

1. Install Fiddler2 and see what it reads back

2. Repair your .Net Framework 4.5 install

3. Follow Eric Erharts Brilliant article on Diagnosing Problems in a Deployed 3-Tier LightSwitch Application

Good Luck

If you found this post helpful, please mark it as helpful. If by some chance I answered the question, please mark the question as answered. That way you will help more people like me :)

Friday, February 15, 2013 9:20 AM
  • Hi,

I'll look after this .NET 4.5 thingy. However, I'm already using Fiddler and it showed no requests from the LS App. It showed all my normal HTTP - Traffic via Webbrowser, but not the Traffic from the SL - App. Is this a configuration issue?

Friday, February 15, 2013 9:40 AM