none
Universal Apps Development in Windows 8.1

Question

• Hello. I am just a begginer in c#. I use Visual Studio 2013 and thinking of upgrading to Visual Studio 2015 Community. The purpose of me upgrading to the 2015 edition is I want to buy a raspberry pi 3 and I am thinking of using Windows 10 Iot core on it. To develop apps for Iot Core,we need the universal app platform sdk which comes in the 2015 edition. So my question is,will I be able to test my apps developed for windows 10 iot core on my windows 8.1? I wanted to ask this question so I can save my time instead of downloading and seeing. Thank you!
    Saturday, March 12, 2016 6:38 AM

Answers

• Hi Rugz007,

>>So my question is,will I be able to test my apps developed for windows 10 iot core on my windows 8.1?

I'm afraid you need to upgrade your Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 if you want to develop universal app for Windows 10 lot core.

According to the Windows 10 SDK Supported Operating Systems, the SDK is supported Windows 8.1, but Not all tools are supported on Windows 8.1.

And as far as I know, the Windows 10 app's XAML designer won't load on Windows 8.1.  So I suggest you upgrade your Windows if you want to have a good development experience.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

Monday, March 14, 2016 6:31 AM