DTM Common Scenario Stress With IO fails with Error Code 53 RRS feed

• Question

• I am running into an issue with this test under Windows 2008 x86.  The core of the test is succeeding, but fails stating that it can not copy the resulting log files to the DTM test server.

Error:

Copying File From "C:\WLK\JobsWorkingDir\Tasks\WTTJobRunE173D94A-B0C4-484E-80D4-B8E2989F0C05\Common_Scenario_Stress_With_IO.wsf.wtl" to "\\whql-server.dev.local\DTMLogs\\96E0A3B4-5F6F-4D13-B768-A964F2B23A4D\Common_Scenario_Stress_With_IO.wsf.wtl" Failed

Error Code 53 (The network path was not found)

Test system is configured with static ip (IPv4 only).  It is on a test domain.  I have added whql-server.dev.local to both the local hosts file and the lmhosts file, which has addressed this problem for me in the past.  IPv6 is disabled.  The dev.local domain has a DNS server and it is up to date.

Anyone now of any additional tricks I could apply here?  I am at a bit of a loss as to why I am consistently getting network path not found.

Monday, May 6, 2013 5:44 PM

Answers

• The cause of this issue was directly related to not having the latest network driver installed.  I am using a Dell PE1800 and when going to the support.dell.com site, entering the asset tag, I was offered updated drivers for the Broadcom NIC.  However that NIC was not installed in this server, a Intel Pro 1000 MT was.  The installer did not show any errors/warnings it just installed.

Once I realized that the NIC driver was not actually update, installing the latest Intel driver has allowed the tests in question to complete without error.

I have run into this many times, and make it part of my standard setup procedures to ensure all hardware drivers are up to date, just missed the fact that I was updating a driver for a device that was not present.

Tuesday, May 7, 2013 6:58 PM