Copying project source to another computer not work. RRS feed

• Question

• User-1171858434 posted

Hi every one

After many days i can not an issue, please help,

I have a website designing under vs2010, inside windows 7, i copied the project into anothe rcomputer with same version, but i faced with a bunch of errors as follows. I have installed crystal report, re installed vs 2010, ajax toolkit but not fixed.

-----------------------------------------------------

these are the errors, totally 103 error 1 warning 5 message

Message 104 Could not find schema information for the element 'businessObjects'. 

Error 1 Could not load file or assembly 'log4net, Version=1.2.10.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. 

Error 3 Type 'Int32' is not defined. F:\shabdizmusic.com\aspnet_training\App_Code\Registering.vb 8 22 

Error 33 'ConfigurationManager' is not declared. It may be inaccessible due to its protection level. 

Error 49 Type 'Exception' is not defined. 

Error 74 Type 'Int32' is not defined.  (repeated for every page)

-------------------------------

The only difference i found between two computer was both had log4.dll version 1.2.10.0 AMD64, in windows/assembly folder
    but the source had log4.dll version 1.2.10.0 x86 which the target computer dont have.

Both computer using windows 7, 64 bit, and vs 2010 32 bit.

please help

best regards

Friday, December 9, 2016 9:14 PM

Answers

• User-1892098316 posted

There are a lot of thing that can happened. Do you have the correct .Net framework install ? All the .dll services and file same as the old computer ? Is your VS install correctly ?I suspect it has something to do with your Visual Studio install.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, February 28, 2017 9:32 PM

All replies

• User-1171858434 posted

<p>Another difference is</p>
    <p>original computer vs is 10.0.40219.1 sq1 REL</p>
    <p>but target vs is : 10.0.30319.1 RTMREL</p>
    <p>Looks older version.</p>
    And why in first int64 is defined but second is not? I have to ad Import System to all my files in socond compuer to work properly, why?
    Friday, December 9, 2016 9:42 PM
  • User-707554951 posted

Hi hriaz,

And why in first int64 is defined but second is not? I have to ad Import System to all my files in socond compuer to work properly, why?

As far as I know, The main cause for this problem is that the project is not importing mscorlib.dll, which defines the entire System namespace. This can be caused by one of the following:

• The /nostdlib option from the command line compiler has been specified. The /nostdlib option prevents the import of mscorlib.dll. Use this option if you want to define or create a user-specific System namespace.

• An incorrect mscorlib.dll is referenced.

• A corrupt Visual Studio .NET or .NET Framework common language runtime installation exists.

• Residual components from an earlier installation that are incompatible with the latest installation remain.

To resolve this problem, take one of the following actions:

• Do not specify the /nostdlib option from the command line compiler.

• Make sure that the project refers to the correct mscorlib.dll.

• Reinstall the .NET Framework common language runtime

Best regards

Cathy

Monday, December 12, 2016 3:11 AM
  • User-1892098316 posted

There are a lot of thing that can happened. Do you have the correct .Net framework install ? All the .dll services and file same as the old computer ? Is your VS install correctly ?I suspect it has something to do with your Visual Studio install.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, February 28, 2017 9:32 PM