Powerpivot for Excel 2013 behavior RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everybody,

My customer upgrade to Office 2013 and still refresh Powerpivot file through Sharepoint 2010 Enterprise.
    The data are indeed refreshed and are loaded in the Powerpivot Datamodel but are not displayed on the Excel Sheets until a first click on a segment for instance.
    If I put an autorefresh on the Powerpivot connection Office 2013 seem to try to refresh the datamodel which is not what I expect.

How could I get rid of this problem?

Thanks for your help.

Pete
    Monday, February 29, 2016 6:16 PM

Answers

• I assume you are using Power Pivot for SharePoint, but what version do you have? There's a fundamental difference between Excel 2010 and 2013 when it comes to Power Pivot, as in Excel 2010, PP is an external piece of software and Excel doesn't have a link to it built in as in Excel 2013. I think the 'early' PP for SharePoint took care of that, but it may not work as well with new Excel 2013 files (where the model is in a different location within the file).

You don't have to refresh the connection, but refreshing the pivot tables only should help.

Tuesday, March 1, 2016 7:23 AM
    Answerer
  • Pierre,

Please send a Frown to the team or use Power BI User Voice to submit your feedback!

Thanks!

Ed Price, Azure Development Customer Program Manager (Blog, Small Basic, Wiki Ninjas, Wiki)

Answer an interesting question? Create a wiki article about it!

Friday, July 29, 2016 9:10 PM

All replies

• I assume you are using Power Pivot for SharePoint, but what version do you have? There's a fundamental difference between Excel 2010 and 2013 when it comes to Power Pivot, as in Excel 2010, PP is an external piece of software and Excel doesn't have a link to it built in as in Excel 2013. I think the 'early' PP for SharePoint took care of that, but it may not work as well with new Excel 2013 files (where the model is in a different location within the file).

You don't have to refresh the connection, but refreshing the pivot tables only should help.

Tuesday, March 1, 2016 7:23 AM
    Answerer
  • Hi Michiel,

Thanks 4 your help.
    My Customer uses Power Pivot for SharePoint 2010.
    As I said before, the data are retrieved in the PowerPivot sheets but are not displayed in the Excel sheets.
    What do you mean by refresh the pivot tables?
    How do you achieve this?

Pierre
    Tuesday, March 1, 2016 8:46 AM
  • Hi Michiel,

Thanks 4 your help.
    My Customer uses Power Pivot for SharePoint 2010.
    As I said before, the data are retrieved in the PowerPivot sheets but are not displayed in the Excel sheets.
    What do you mean by refresh the pivot tables?
    How do you achieve this?

Pierre
    Monday, March 14, 2016 1:28 PM
  • Pierre,

Please send a Frown to the team or use Power BI User Voice to submit your feedback!

Thanks!

Ed Price, Azure Development Customer Program Manager (Blog, Small Basic, Wiki Ninjas, Wiki)

Answer an interesting question? Create a wiki article about it!

Friday, July 29, 2016 9:10 PM