Version History Option for XSLTListViewWebPart RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm trying to create an application page in sharepoint 2010 which contains an XSLTListViewWebPart pointing to a document library. Content approval, Versioning and Ratings have been enabled on the library.
    When I open up this page, all the documents get listed in the XLV WP without issues and also the ratings are displayed properly. However, in the context menu for the items, "Version History" and "Publish a Major Version" menu are not displayed. I tried setting teh ParameterBinding and XmlDefinition attributes of the WP to match the one I obtained from the SP Designer, but still couldn't get the 2 context menus. Instead of the XLV WP, if I try the ListViewWebPart, these context menu are available, but the rating stars are not available. There seems to be a trade-off on what I need to achieve between the context menus and the average star rating column. Could you please let me know how to get these 2 menus in XLV WP while having the average star ratings shown correctly.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Vijay

• Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Friday, March 18, 2011 7:09 PM yet another off-topic SP 2010 post in a pre-2010 forum (From:SharePoint - Development and Programming (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    • Changed type vijay jois Saturday, March 19, 2011 10:24 AM
    Friday, March 18, 2011 6:34 PM

Answers

• Hi vijay ,

I tried few approach and is able to resolve the issue. In list view webpart add View Guidor use below code after this version history display in context menu

<WebPartPages:XsltListViewWebPart runat="server" IsIncluded="True" GhostedXslLink="main.xsl" FrameType="None" NoDefaultStyle="TRUE" ViewFlag="8" Title="tesetdoc345" PageType="PAGE_NORMALVIEW" ListName="{3BBF23F1-1183-408B-A723-603C8D62660E}" Default="FALSE" DisplayName="surendra345" __markuptype="vsattributemarkup" __WebPartId="{5BF7FBB7-71BE-47EE-A3A8-4B122D18EE47}" id="g_5bf7fbb7_71be_47ee_a3a8_4b122d18ee47" viewcontenttypeid="0x" __designer:customxsl="fldtypes_Ratings.xsl" __AllowXSLTEditing="true" WebPart="true" Height="" Width="" ViewGuid="
    {D3C9CF8D-2C17-4BC2-93CA-46ADE06FE02F}">

Thx

Surendra

Surendra Singh, MCITP: SharePoint Administrator 2010

Thursday, February 16, 2012 1:07 PM