none
How to improve .Net Programming skills RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hey guys, I was just wondering, what would it take to improve my programming skills. I'm a student just beginning to learn .Net and the technology behind it. One of my professors told me to practice writing ion notepad and create apps and websites using Notepad. How would this help.

Would be very glad for open suggestions.

Thanks and Regards

Wednesday, March 23, 2011 11:57 AM

All replies

• Hello Daniel,

Thanks for posting. This forum is for VSTO issue. For more support and responses, I recommend you could try to ask in C# forum. You could find entry link in forums home. Have a nice weekend.

Bessie Zhao [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Friday, March 25, 2011 10:03 AM
  • Hello,

Build. The best way to learn any programming concept/library (including .NET) is to pick an interesting project and try to build it. Along the way, you'll bump up against infinitely many little problems that force you to go out and learn something new. By doggedly seeking out the answers to these problems, you'll force yourself to learn enough of whatever language you're working in to implement whatever project you're working on. Rinse and repeat.

In the case of .NET specifically, MSDN  will be your go-to resource. It's Microsoft's online documentation library, and it's massive. If you Google any question about C Hash or DotNET, one of the first results is likely to be an MSDN page/article. StackOverflow is another great resource. Nearly any problem you run into will probably already have been asked and answered there.

Hope you’ll get your answer.

Thank you!!!
    TechTIQ Solutions

Wednesday, May 23, 2018 10:48 AM
  • There are 4 .Net program languages.

1. VB
    2. VC#
    3. VC++
    4. VF#

However, those are not the best to create websites using Notepad and certainly you should avoid notepad if you want to improve your .Net skills (but we don't know what teacher you've asked it).

But you can start to download Visual Studio Net Community. The workbench to create all kind of programs including for phone. 

https://www.visualstudio.com/vs/community/

If you know what program language is meant, then you can visit in future the forum of that program language.

Success
    Cor

Wednesday, May 23, 2018 11:24 AM