none
504 error on office.js RRS feed

• Question

• We have an application in the Office Store and one of our user is not able to run it. When I debugged the traffic using Fiddler I notice that they were getting a 504 error on https://appsforoffice.microsoft.com/lib/1.0/hosted/office.js .

I had the user test our application using a local manifest file that ran against a demo version of our app that references the local office.js file (../Scripts/Office/1.0/office.js). This version ran without issue.

The user also seems to be experiencing issues with other Office Apps.

Other user have not experienced this issue (that I am aware of).

Is there any known causes of this issue.

Thursday, May 30, 2013 6:39 PM

All replies

• Hi Dan,

Thank you for posting in the MSDN Forum.

I'm trying to involve some senior engineers into this issue and it will take some time. Your patience will be greatly appreciated.

Sorry for any inconvenience and have a nice day!

Best regards,

Quist Zhang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Friday, May 31, 2013 8:35 AM
  • If you want to debug with the JS code, I suggest you to use "https://appsforoffice.microsoft.com/lib/1.0/hosted/office.debug.js". Test off line is not a good practice.

-----------

If you do need a local test, you need to download all related js files, such as:

../Scripts/Office/1.0/office.js

../Scripts/Office/1.0/Excel-15.js   (outlook-15..etc..)

../Scripts/Office/MicrosoftAjax.js

../Scripts/Office/<any other JS files>

Then you need to find the cached manifest in local folder. Usually it is under a folder "manifest". The path is like this: "c:\Users\<userName>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Wef\{530FFB0D-DD41-47FC-AD50-6527F8B9E208}\QElGh0Uxig0wDaYqn0rAzQ==\manifest". It may be a little bit different on your machine, but basically it is similar. Just find it out.

1. in the manifest folder, there will be several files, each file represents a cached manifest of one agave app.

2. check the "DisplayName" for every file and make sure this is your test app, like below:

<DisplayName DefaultValue="Your app name"/>

3. In the manifest file, find the "SourceLocation" label and change it to a local one.

<SourceLocation DefaultValue="https://your_app_html_address">

change it to:

<SourceLocation DefaultValue="file:\\\your_local_app_html_file_path">

4. Change every relative path to absolute path and point to the downloaded JS files, the original file may look like this:

<link href="../content/office.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">

<link href="../scripts/office/1.0/MicrosoftAjex.js"></script>    ....

5. Restart Excel/Outlook/...   and insert your app again.

Tuesday, March 18, 2014 8:44 AM