none
Filter driver installation on Windows 8 Tablet RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We have developed Disk upper filter driver for Windows 7 and Windows 8 PC.

We want to use the same filter driver on Windows 8 Tablet (PRO & RT).

We are yet to install and check. I want to know whether it is feasible to do.

If this is feasible, Please let me know the msdn link for deployment procedure like compliance testing.

Thanks & Regards,

Raphel

• Moved by Min Zhu Thursday, April 4, 2013 2:25 AM
    Wednesday, April 3, 2013 9:28 AM

Answers

• Driver development on rt is restricted to the soc vendor, no other third party development there. For other architectures, your w7 driver should load just fine. You need to test to make sure there are no incompatibilities. To sign for 8, you would nerd to certify with the win8 whck.

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Thursday, April 4, 2013 3:30 AM

All replies

• Hi Raphel,

This forum focus on Windows Store app. Since your question is about Hardware/Filter Driver, I will move the thread to Hardware Development forum where you can get better answers.

Best regards,

Min Zhu
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Thursday, April 4, 2013 2:25 AM
  • Driver development on rt is restricted to the soc vendor, no other third party development there. For other architectures, your w7 driver should load just fine. You need to test to make sure there are no incompatibilities. To sign for 8, you would nerd to certify with the win8 whck.

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Thursday, April 4, 2013 3:30 AM
  • Hi Doron,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

I'll check this on Win8 PRO.

Thanks again.

Regards,

Raphel

Thursday, April 4, 2013 4:06 AM