Reading and manually setting Zoom level RRS feed

• General discussion

• Is it possible to get/set the Zoom level?

G.

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 9:32 PM

All replies

• Hi GraGra,

Thanks for your post.

As far as i know, there is no such property to set zoom in level in pivotviewer.

You are welcomed to submit this feedback as a feature suggestion on

http://silverlight.codeplex.com/workitem/list/basic

Best Regards,

Rocky

Thursday, February 16, 2012 2:21 AM
  • It is not an exposed API.  I have done some digging into the control and have been able to access it.  The problem is the VM responsible for setting the zoom level is an "internal" class. That means to access it thru reflection you have to be running in elevated trust mode.

So it can be done, just simply not directly and it will require elevated trust to accomplish.

Saturday, February 18, 2012 12:05 AM
  • This great news... we run in OOB  in  ET... Can you share code on how to get/set zoom level?

Thanks,

Graeme

Saturday, February 18, 2012 3:47 AM
  • Hi Tony,

I have done some digging into the control and have been able to access it.  The problem is the VM responsible for setting the zoom level is an "internal" class. That means to access it thru reflection you have to be running in elevated trust mode.

Could you explain it clearly? I need your help.

Wednesday, February 22, 2012 5:12 AM
  • Sure.  It's probably a bit much for a forum response.  I'll write it up over the next day or two and post it on my blog.

Wednesday, February 22, 2012 8:41 PM
  • Sure.  It's probably a bit much for a forum response.  I'll write it up over the next day or two and post it on my blog.

Appreciate it Tony. Look forward to seeing your solution.

Graeme

Thursday, February 23, 2012 4:01 AM

Hey Tony, I understood that you were busy, so I just waited. Now that our LOB app is live and stable, I'd like to revisit this. Do you have time to post on your blog or point me to a prototype that I can see and pull apart?

Sunday, March 18, 2012 1:40 AM
  • The post should be up by tomorrow.  Just need to finish it up.

Monday, March 19, 2012 6:14 PM
  • The post should be up by tomorrow.  Just need to finish it up.

Thanks so much! I'm amazed that it was not a default interface.

G.

Monday, March 19, 2012 6:46 PM
  • Got it posted here : http://tonychampion.net/blog/index.php/2012/03/hacking-pivotviewer-zoom/

I was able to go thru the visual tree instead of having to use reflection.  This means there is not the elevated trust requirements that I thought there would be.

Let me know if you have any problems with it.

Tuesday, March 20, 2012 12:19 PM
  • Got it posted here : http://tonychampion.net/blog/index.php/2012/03/hacking-pivotviewer-zoom/

I was able to go thru the visual tree instead of having to use reflection.  This means there is not the elevated trust requirements that I thought there would be.

Let me know if you have any problems with it.

5 out 5 Tony!

A very eloquent solution - very impressed. Can't wait to see where you go with this series... If it was a book I would buy it [hint]

When I get this up live, where can I email you a link?

Graeme

Tuesday, March 20, 2012 1:50 PM
  • Thx.  I appreciat the compliment.

You can e-mail me at : tony [at] tonychampion.net.

I have another book project in the works right now and no publishers interested in a PV book.  I'm considering doing some smaller self-published PV books later on this year.  We will just have to see.

Tuesday, March 20, 2012 2:17 PM
  • Well deserved. It's a powerful tool that is under documented. My hat is off to you for tackling this great tool.

If you self-publish, let me know when and I'll be happy to be a customer.  I'm a VB programmer and would be happy to convert all samples for you.

Graeme

Tuesday, March 20, 2012 2:45 PM