Increase timeout or Reduce Retries RRS feed

• Question

• I have a scheduled task that runs reports and sends them, in one request.  I don't care if it runs for minutes.  But the scheduler throws a timeout error after 30 seconds, then retries 5 more times!  It appears that neither the timeout nor retry can be configured via the portal.  Any work around suggestions?
    Wednesday, December 17, 2014 1:38 AM

All replies

• Hi,

the scheduler throws timeout error message, does it caused by the connect to endpoint, what detail error do you receive.

Regards

Thursday, December 18, 2014 1:21 AM
  • The endpoint doesn't throw an error, it just takes long to process.  If i called it from a browser it would be fine.  But scheduler throws and error after waiting 30 seconds.

Http Action - Request to host '[our azure name]' failed: The timeout (30 seconds) was reached.

Thursday, December 18, 2014 3:21 AM
  • You can set the retry policy to none to not send any retries after the timeout occurred.

Add this retry policy to your action:

"retryPolicy":
        {

"retryType": "none"

}

-Kevin

Tuesday, March 24, 2015 5:56 PM
  • If this is still an issue for you, please check out the thread on Azure Feedback and vote as appropriate:

http://feedback.azure.com/forums/230896-scheduler/suggestions/6986985-customizable-timeout-to-a-scheduled-job-through-az

Saturday, April 18, 2015 9:33 AM