none
Adding extra domains RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,  I am new to exchange 2013, and in our organization we have three domains xyz.com,abc.com and dcf.com.

currently we are using mdaemon, and we have users who have three emails eg james@xyz.com, james@abc.com and james@dcf.com.(uing same username on all three domains)

I added the UPNs for the domains, but when i create a user with the other domains its dispalying as james@xyz.com,james2@xyz.com,james3@xyz.com on the list of recipents. Also am unable to sent emails to those emails with abc.com and dcf.com domains.

I have only one domain controller(xyz.com) in which have also installed exchange into it and i can only sent emails from one domain xyz.com.

How can i configure exchange 2013 to accept this scenario?
    • Edited by jkioli Thursday, March 27, 2014 6:04 AM
    Thursday, March 27, 2014 5:59 AM

All replies

• You will need to add all these domain as the Accepted Domain. You can add as many as you want and then apply the appropriate domain to the users. You can also automate the procedure using Email Address Policies.

Where Technology Meets Talent

Friday, March 28, 2014 4:58 AM
  • Hi,

You need to add accepted domains to do the job. Below are the steps on how to add accepted domains in Exchange 2013.

1. In the EAC, navigate to Mail flow > Accepted domains, and click Add Add Icon.

2. In the Name field, enter the display name for the accepted domain. Each accepted domain for your organization must have a unique display name This may be different than the accepted domain. For example, the domain contoso.com could have a display name of Contoso Local Accepted Domain.

3. In the Accepted domain field, enter the accepted domain. Specify an SMTP namespace for which your organization accepts email messages. (for example, Contoso.com).

4. Select Authoritative domain. This option is for email relayed to servers within your Exchange organization for an accepted domain that hosts mailboxes for all the recipients within an SMTP namespace.

5. Click Save.

More information on accepted doamin can be found at below techent article.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj657734%28v=exchg.150%29.aspx

Kindly mark this as answer if found helpful or resolve your query. Thanks.

Regards, Riaz Javed Butt Consultant Microsoft Professional Services MCITP, MCITP (Exchange), MCSE: Messaging, MCITP Office 365 | msexchgeek.wordpress.com

• Edited by RjButtMVP Monday, March 31, 2014 2:52 PM
    Monday, March 31, 2014 2:51 PM
  • Tuesday, April 1, 2014 2:32 AM
  • Any update?

Regards, Riaz Javed Butt Consultant Microsoft Professional Services MCITP, MCITP (Exchange), MCSE: Messaging, MCITP Office 365

Tuesday, April 1, 2014 1:26 PM
  • What's the update?

Regards, Riaz Javed Butt Consultant Microsoft Professional Services MCITP, MCITP (Exchange), MCSE: Messaging, MCITP Office 365

Monday, April 7, 2014 11:43 AM

• Any updates ? can this be marked as answer?

Where Technology Meets Talent

Thursday, May 29, 2014 4:43 AM