Drag/drop from other apps RRS feed

• Question

• How can I capture information being dropped into an SL app from another app?  For example, say I drag an image from IE and drop it onto something in an SL app so that the image displays.  What sort of objects in SL can handle this and how do they accept the incoming object?

Thanks,
    Brett

Monday, September 10, 2007 10:58 AM

Answers

• As far as I know, there is no such object.  The only communication between silverlight and anything else is through javascript.  If you want to do something like what you described, you'll have to implement a significant amount of javascript code and the image would need to originate from the browser window hosting the sl object.  As far as dragging and dropping from anywhere other than the browser window hosting the sl object, I think you're out of luck.

Monday, September 10, 2007 11:28 AM

All replies

• As far as I know, there is no such object.  The only communication between silverlight and anything else is through javascript.  If you want to do something like what you described, you'll have to implement a significant amount of javascript code and the image would need to originate from the browser window hosting the sl object.  As far as dragging and dropping from anywhere other than the browser window hosting the sl object, I think you're out of luck.

Monday, September 10, 2007 11:28 AM
  • Thanks  : (

Monday, September 10, 2007 11:57 AM
  • Why does Silverlight not offer this functionality in a simpler manner?  Many of the photo website plug-ins do allow dragging and dropping of one or more photos.  But I imagine they aren't using JavaScript.

Tuesday, September 11, 2007 2:30 PM