MySQL Database not available in Data Source after installing Devart RRS feed

• Question

• HI,

I'm pritty new to VS2012 and all that comes with it. However, I want to remotely connect to my MySQL sever on my hosting. I've installed VS2012, afther that I've installed the express version of Devart.

Then, I create a new project, add the Devart reference. Now I should be able to select a MySQL connection when I create a new Database Connection.

Unfortunatly I've only got the regualar selections, witch are all Microsoft. How will I be able to add this MySQL connection option to my Select Data Source?

BitMarkus

• Edited by BitMarkus Tuesday, January 1, 2013 10:36 AM
    Monday, December 31, 2012 10:15 AM

Answers

All replies

• Install the latest Mysql Driver for Net from the mysql site that works correct

Eric

Monday, December 31, 2012 1:53 PM
  • Eric is correct. You need to install the Entity Framework 4 Data Provider for MySQL. (Or it may be EF5 for LS 2012).

Yann - LightSwitch Central - Click here for FREE Themes, Controls, Types and Commands

Please click "Mark as Answer" if a reply answers your question. Please click "Vote as Helpful" , if you find a reply helpful.

By doing this you'll help others to find answers faster.

Tuesday, January 1, 2013 6:04 AM
  • Thanks, I needed to install it indeed. Now there is still no option in my data selector, but I've managed to create and programmatically connection. Now it's ready for some database functions.
    Tuesday, January 1, 2013 10:34 AM
  • Try this --->>> connect to MYSQL direct without any 3th party providers if you have download and installed [Oracle] MySQL 6.6.4 [ Tip---> before install close VS]  then simple from VS2012 LS "Add DataSource"   --> select the provider, setup your connection parameters "Select  Provider" in this case MYSQL. Bingo!

Eric

Tuesday, January 1, 2013 11:53 AM