Issue when scrolling vertically: items focused not entirely visible

Question

• Hi 

I am working on a Xbox One app and unfortunately there is no dedicated forum so I am posting here.

I am using the WinJS framework just as the standard Windows 8 app and I am having a lot of troubles when scrolling.

To be specific my issue is that when I am getting back from a empty page with nothing but the body to a more complicated page using Hub control and HubSection controls my items (mostly itemcontainers) are not entirely visible when focused when I am trying to scroll horizontally. 

<section id="tvdetails-hub" class="tvdetails-hub win-layout-edgetoedgehorizontalcontent tvdetailsHub layout-hidewhensnapped" data-win-control="XboxJS.UI.Hub" aria-label="Main content" role="main">//item containers</section>

I think this kind issue is specific to The Xbox One as I am using the Xbox One Joystick to navigate and to scroll.

Thanks in advance for any help, I tried several things but nothing worked.

Thursday, January 2, 2014 12:00 PM

Answers

• Finally found the issue maybe it will help others.

I was disabling all my animations

WinJS.UI.disableAnimations();

before navigating to my other page and that was causing my scrolling issue all over the app.

• Marked as answer by bilruchd Thursday, January 2, 2014 3:11 PM
    Thursday, January 2, 2014 3:11 PM

All replies

• I have been going deeper to find a solution and it seems that the problem comes from the WinJS.Navigation.navigate method.

Whatever url from my app I pass as a first argument to the method  for example

WinJS.Navigation.navigate("/pages/home/home.html");

it causes the scrolling problem and disable all my animations. Passing the current state as a second argument doesn't change a thing, same UI issue.

Maybe someone can help as it seems to be a WinJS navigation problem.

Thursday, January 2, 2014 1:54 PM
  • Finally found the issue maybe it will help others.

I was disabling all my animations

WinJS.UI.disableAnimations();

before navigating to my other page and that was causing my scrolling issue all over the app.

• Marked as answer by bilruchd Thursday, January 2, 2014 3:11 PM
    Thursday, January 2, 2014 3:11 PM