Problem running Lightswitch RRS feed

Answers

• Yann, your guess that it was a Silverlight problem seams to be right.

I unstalled Silverlight and the Silverlight SDK. (BTW There was both a SDK version 3 as a version 4 which is not recommended in several forums) and installed SL and the SDK 4.

After that al seams to work as intended.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

• Marked as answer by Gert Tuesday, November 1, 2011 6:38 AM
    Monday, October 31, 2011 2:52 PM

All replies

• If it's the same problem as the other post, why not simply add to it, instead of fragmenting the replies by starting a new version of the same thing?

Also, "Problem running LightSwitch" is not a particularly helpful question title.

Yann - LightSwitch Central

(plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose!)

If you found this post helpful, please "Vote as Helpful". If it actually answered your question, remember to "Mark as Answer".

This will help people find the answers that they're looking for more quickly.

Monday, October 31, 2011 11:47 AM
  • I couldn't find any possibility to post a reply in that threath. so i decided to post another question.

Now I 'm noticed how to use this forum a answer to my question would be appreciated

Monday, October 31, 2011 11:57 AM
  • Oh, my apologies! It was in the old forum, which is now locked.

It's a VERY old question though, back in the B1 days.

What version of LS are you using?

It sounds to me (& I'm only guessing) like a Silverlight problem. Very odd though if it's happening on two different machines. Have any other versions of SL been installed on those machines?

Do you have other applications that are working?

Yann - LightSwitch Central

(plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose!)

If you found this post helpful, please "Vote as Helpful". If it actually answered your question, remember to "Mark as Answer".

This will help people find the answers that they're looking for more quickly.

Monday, October 31, 2011 12:03 PM
  • I started with LS last week with the trial download Visual Studio LightSwitch 2011.

I was experimenting with Silverlight (which is also new to me) as discripted in Michael Washington's blog (http://lightswitchhelpwebsite.com/Blog/tabid/61/EntryId/3/Printing-With-LightSwitch.aspx ) and that worked fine.

I also tried out XtraReports from DevExpress and that also worked fine.

After that I tried last friday to publish a LS solution to my local IIS which falied because it's IIS 6.0 (for legacy reasons I use winXP). This morning I discovered that LS doesn't run anymore

Monday, October 31, 2011 12:35 PM
  • Yann, your guess that it was a Silverlight problem seams to be right.

I unstalled Silverlight and the Silverlight SDK. (BTW There was both a SDK version 3 as a version 4 which is not recommended in several forums) and installed SL and the SDK 4.

After that al seams to work as intended.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

• Marked as answer by Gert Tuesday, November 1, 2011 6:38 AM
    Monday, October 31, 2011 2:52 PM