Infititely Loading Designer RRS feed

• Question

• I have fairly new to VS17. I have been Windows Template Studio (WTS) and generally getting to know VS17. I created a new solution with WTS. However, I am unable to get the designer to work.

I go to a .XAML page, click the design tab (as opposed to the XAML) and I am presented with a message saying, "Loading designer... You can continue working while the designer is loading in the background." The problem is that it continues to perpetually load. Nothing else happens. No error is presented, it doesn't go away, and it doesn't change. It keeps the message there until I go to a different page. If I go to another .XAML, it will perpetually give me the same message, too.

I am new to VS17, but I haven't always had this issue. I have used an older version of VS17 and WTS where the designer loads. Therefore, reverting to an older version might work. However, I wonder if there is an easier solution? I have gone into VS installer and "repaired" VS17. It didn't affect the problem. If anyone has any ideas, I'd appreciate it.

Thank you.

Saturday, December 30, 2017 9:48 AM

All replies

• I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling everything. It hasn't solved the problem.
    Wednesday, January 10, 2018 11:11 PM