WES7 support for USB audio class RRS feed

• Question

• I want to know if the WES7 has support for USB audio codecs. I'm planning to use a USB audio codec PCM2912 which is made by TI. The manufacturers are not sure about the drivers. Can someone help me on this?

Thursday, May 12, 2011 2:48 AM

All replies

• If the CODEC works in Windows 7, then it should work in WES7.

-Sean

www.sjjmicro.com / www.seanliming.com / www.annabooks.com, Book Author - ProGuide to WES 7, XP Embedded Advanced, WEPOS / POS for .NET Step-by-Step
    Thursday, May 12, 2011 3:36 AM
  • Hello Sean,

I've got the eval board of this audio codec. It works fine with Windows7 and WinXP. But when I connect to CPU evaluation board with WES7, it doesn't detect the device. Actually the OS image is also sent to us by the board vendor on the USB stick. My guess is the audio drivers are not selected while creating the image or may be the USB audio class is not available in WES7?

-Kiran

Wednesday, July 27, 2011 7:03 AM
  • For USB Audio you need USB Audio Support Component. Did you run tap on your eval board? If not you should do it and build a new image with the detected hardware.

"Mark/Propose As Answer" if you got one.
    Wednesday, July 27, 2011 2:19 PM
  • Hi,

Could you please explain more about running TAP?

Is there any command or a separate app for that?

-Kiran

Friday, July 29, 2011 11:35 AM
  • Also for WES7

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms838635(v=winembedded.5).aspx

Where to Find Tap.exe

In a typical installation of Windows Embedded Standard 7, Tap.exe can be found at the following locations:

C:\Program Files\Windows Embedded Standard 7\Tools\IBW\AMD64\sources\

C:\Program Files\Windows Embedded Standard 7\Tools\IBW\x86\sources\

"Mark/Propose As Answer" if you got one.
    Friday, July 29, 2011 12:09 PM
  • My book has the whole development process: http://www.annabooks.com/Book_PGWES7.html, which includes TAP.

-Sean

www.sjjmicro.com / www.seanliming.com / www.annabooks.com, Book Author - ProGuide to WES 7, XP Embedded Advanced, WEPOS / POS for .NET Step-by-Step
    Friday, July 29, 2011 4:34 PM