none
Exception while attempting to work with Itinerary Step RRS feed

• Question

• I have installed BizTalk 2016 and ESB Toolkit on my windows 2012 box. I think that I have configured BizTalk and ESB tool kit properly. have double checked on the IIs securities and SQL database securities. When I run my ESB tool kit application, I get an exception seen in the ESB portal that says:

Exception while attempting to work with Itinerary Step

Failure Category: Routing Failure

Exception type: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException

Any tip or solution will be greatly appreciated.

Friday, March 2, 2018 6:06 PM

All replies

• Well, my first advice is to not use the ESB Toolkit.  In most cases, it just makes things more complicated with no real benefit...as you are seeing.

Friday, March 2, 2018 6:28 PM
  • I have installed BizTalk 2016 and ESB Toolkit on my windows 2012 box. I think that I have configured BizTalk and ESB tool kit properly. have double checked on the IIs securities and SQL database securities. When I run my ESB tool kit application, I get an exception seen in the ESB portal that says:

Exception while attempting to work with Itinerary Step

Failure Category: Routing Failure

Exception type: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException

Any tip or solution will be greatly appreciated.

Hmm, what operation are you exactly trying?

Are there additional logs in EventViewer?

Thanks Arindam

Monday, March 5, 2018 2:02 PM
  • Hi,

I have a ESB toolkit application which is a scatter gather solution that uses Itinerary injection pipeline as receive location and decides which web service should call to get the data. I have this application up and running using BizTalk 2009 and ESB 2.1 but since I have installed BizTalk 2016 with ESB toolkit and configured my new server I get this error.

There is no error in the application log. Only ion ESb.poratl

Thank you

Monday, March 5, 2018 4:49 PM
  • Hmm...are the itineraries deployed?

You can turn on ESBT tracing to see what is happening-

http://www.ithero.nl/post/2014/08/01/ESB-Toolkit-Tip-15-Enable-the-ESB-Toolkit-trace-switch-in-the-Machineconfig-file.aspx

Thanks Arindam

Tuesday, March 6, 2018 8:07 AM