none
display enterprise custom field in Project task update RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have added an Enterprise Custom Field in Project 2007 on task level. I have used the option "roll-down unless manually specified".

I have customized the views in PWA My Tasks, My Timesheets and the field shows up for the user.

When a user has submitted his timesheets, imported the timesheet into My Tasks the updates should be transmitted to the project plan.

When the PM opens the project plan in MS Project then he sees a list of TASK UPDATES. I want the enterprise custom field to show up there aswell.

Do you have any idea ?

thanks

Sven

Sunday, March 13, 2011 4:49 PM

Answers

• Hi Sven,

you asked this twice? ;-)

It is already there. Scroll in the left pane of Approval Center to the very right. Whenever such a field is modified in My Tasks, this field will be added as column, unfortunately far right. You will also see this modification by clicking on the task name in approval view.

Regards
    Barbara

• Marked as answer by Jim Corbin Monday, March 14, 2011 2:59 PM
    Monday, March 14, 2011 2:46 PM

All replies

• Hi Sven,

you asked this twice? ;-)

It is already there. Scroll in the left pane of Approval Center to the very right. Whenever such a field is modified in My Tasks, this field will be added as column, unfortunately far right. You will also see this modification by clicking on the task name in approval view.

Regards
    Barbara

• Marked as answer by Jim Corbin Monday, March 14, 2011 2:59 PM
    Monday, March 14, 2011 2:46 PM
  • Hi I find one interesting thing.The updated custom field cannot synchronize into the project server. When the members update the task information in the my tasks->task detail, the custom fields'value cannot update into the .mpp . what's wrong with it?
    Wednesday, August 17, 2011 2:16 AM
  • V.K

I faced similar problem, when task is approved, the value is not reflected on PWA 2007 when use publised in PWA operation (without use Client MS Proj), if use MS pro at client, the data is empty.

So, how the data submitted by user can directly reflect on Ms Proj enterprise custom field? same question ask.

Rgds

Harmony

Friday, August 19, 2011 7:22 AM