No html option RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to learn blend and have the Programming in HTML5 with JavaScript and CSS3 book and have looked up a few tutorials online. I'm using Visual Studio 2012 Premium. All of them say to create a new HTML (Windows Store) project. When I open a new project the only options I have are WPF and Silverlight. Also in one of the tutorials it said to right click on the project in solution explorer and click Open in Blend. When I right click a project there is no Open in Blend option. My blend version is 5.0.40218.0

I've tried uninstalling and re-installing blend and still the same thing.

I know nothing about Blend so any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

Saturday, May 3, 2014 3:43 PM

Answers

• What version of Blend are you launching? Blend for VS 2012 was the first version to support the html/windows store platform.  Blend 4 can't work with those types of projects.

The other thing to check is what OS version you are running. I don't think Blend can work with Windows Store projects on Windows 7 and below.

Monday, May 5, 2014 1:32 AM
  • My blend version is 5.0.40218.0

I'm running on my windows 7 box. I'll install VS on my windows 8 box and see what happens. Thanks

Tuesday, May 6, 2014 2:47 AM

All replies

• What version of Blend are you launching? Blend for VS 2012 was the first version to support the html/windows store platform.  Blend 4 can't work with those types of projects.

The other thing to check is what OS version you are running. I don't think Blend can work with Windows Store projects on Windows 7 and below.

Monday, May 5, 2014 1:32 AM
  • My blend version is 5.0.40218.0

I'm running on my windows 7 box. I'll install VS on my windows 8 box and see what happens. Thanks

Tuesday, May 6, 2014 2:47 AM