XNA Studio For Visual Studio 2015 RRS feed

• Question

• I am currently trying to write a program that will detect mouse click and convert them to xbox 360 controller triggers. I downloaded XNA studio 4.0 but when trying to install it, it tells me I need to have Windows Phone Developer Tools, Visual Studio 2010 or Visual C# Express. So am I not able to use XNA with Visual Studio 2015? Or can I download the Windows Phone Developer Tools just so I can download it and then use the XNA library with VS 2015? And no I'm not trying to make a phone app.
    Saturday, May 9, 2015 3:59 AM

Answers

• XNA Games is no longer developped by MSFT and they recommand to switch to Mono Games (open source implementation of XNA).

a few weeks ago Mono Games announced that it has now completely removed any dependency on the old XNA tools.

Please use Mark as Answer if my post solved your problem and use Vote As Helpful if a post was useful.

Saturday, May 9, 2015 8:44 PM

All replies

• you need download Windows Phone Developer Tools, Visual Studio 2010 or Visual C# Express just for Xna and no matter which from that. But i think it's still will not working with VS2015, bc MS not suport XNA already. When you get XNA from one of this sources, install MonoGame. It's generally based on XNA, but still supported and have new versions which support also Win10 apps.
    • Proposed as answer by Predalien 7 Saturday, May 9, 2015 3:14 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by Predalien 7 Saturday, May 9, 2015 3:14 PM
    Saturday, May 9, 2015 2:20 PM
  • XNA Games is no longer developped by MSFT and they recommand to switch to Mono Games (open source implementation of XNA).

a few weeks ago Mono Games announced that it has now completely removed any dependency on the old XNA tools.

Please use Mark as Answer if my post solved your problem and use Vote As Helpful if a post was useful.

Saturday, May 9, 2015 8:44 PM
  • Try downloading this code and run it.

It got me working with VS2015 and XNA.

https://mxa.codeplex.com/releases/view/618279

n.Wright

Thursday, January 21, 2016 4:12 PM