none
HttpException (0x80004005): Request timed out at Windows Server 2012 RRS feed

• Question

• Dear All,

I am using "Microsoft Interop Word dll for resume parsing. My functionality is working fine at my local machine. I have two server one is Windows 2008 and Windows 2012 server. I have deployed my code on both server. In Windows 2008 is working find and in windows 2012 giving exception like -

"HttpException (0x80004005): Request timed out."

When I debug my code at Windows 2012 server. Request going for infinite time and after some time its giving such types of error "HttpException (0x80004005): Request timed out."

It is not able to execute this code of line and going for infinite time  -

Microsoft.Office.Interop.Word.Application Application = new Microsoft.Office.Interop.Word.Application();

Monday, February 9, 2015 10:19 AM

Answers

• Hello Vivek,

Microsoft does not currently recommend, and does not support, Automation of Microsoft Office applications from any unattended, non-interactive client application or component (including ASP, ASP.NET, DCOM, and NT Services), because Office may exhibit unstable behavior and/or deadlock when Office is run in this environment.

If you are building a solution that runs in a server-side context, you should try to use components that have been made safe for unattended execution. Or, you should try to find alternatives that allow at least part of the code to run client-side. If you use an Office application from a server-side solution, the application will lack many of the necessary capabilities to run successfully. Additionally, you will be taking risks with the stability of your overall solution.

You can read more about that in the Considerations for server-side Automation of Office article.

Consider using third-party components designed for the server-side execution instead.

Monday, February 9, 2015 10:51 AM