none
Connecting to Exchange Server 2013 using IMAP command gives authenication error RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All,

My application (it is a C# code) connects to Microsoft exchange server 2013 using POP3 and IMAP, processes the emails, marks as read and move to particular folder if it is processed successfully else to an different folder.  In this sometimes, I am getting authentication failed error from IMAP however same mail is processed when it is executed next time. Few times it is processed with out error. I am not sure what is causing this issue.We are connecting to IMAP using tcpIMAP command.
    This is the same application which we used with exchange server 2010 now we are upgrading to exchange server 2013. I have verified that the setting of exchange 2010 and 2013 are the same.

To verify the IMAP command I created a sample application using C# which will try to connect to IMAP service and log in to exchange server 2013; it fails to authenticate the user after connecting for few times and then it starts to authenticate successfully then again fails for few times and then authenticates. I am not sure why this is happening. 

Please suggest how can I resolve this.

Thank you, Santha

Wednesday, March 4, 2015 11:54 AM