Delaying OracleDB inserts until the user completes several web pages RRS feed

• Question

• User1864322503 posted

Hello,

As it stands right now, I have created an Employee management system for internal use. Essentially, it has mutilple pages that all pertain to the same employee, and eventually a GridView is displayed (for now, that's it), that sums up all of the employees and their information.

Each page has its own Inserts to the DB, and because they are separated, it is possible for the form user to fill out only a component of the "entire form", i.e., all of the pages, therefore entering an incomplete employee's information.

I'm not neccessarily looking for any code, just ideas about to how to about solving a situation like this. What are some good resources for "delaying" my DB inserts until say, the user hits the final submit button located on page X.

Thanks, and feel free to ask for clarification if need be.

Nick

Wednesday, August 7, 2013 4:43 PM

Answers

• User269602965 posted

Study ODP.NET transactions.  With that in code you can delay the final insert for a given page and commit only when specific conditions are met that you specify,

like user clicks SAVE.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, August 7, 2013 6:15 PM

All replies

• User269602965 posted

Study ODP.NET transactions.  With that in code you can delay the final insert for a given page and commit only when specific conditions are met that you specify,

like user clicks SAVE.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, August 7, 2013 6:15 PM
  • User1864322503 posted

Hi Lannie,

Thanks for the direction. Will do.

Nick

Thursday, August 8, 2013 8:45 AM