none
Notifications Service! RRS feed

• General discussion

• I found a software online , http://www.snapcomms.com/ , which helps to push notification to users.

I wonder if there is a way to reach the same with SharePoint 2013 ?

Thursday, January 16, 2014 7:11 AM

All replies

• To be very honest you cannot mold SharePoint to do exactly like what that tool does. That particular tool is build to take care of one particular scenario i.e. sending out notification/communication and hence it has lots of bells and whistles for that particular use case.

Now can something like this be achieved in SharePoint? You most likely know that out of the box you will be able to use a SharePoint list and then set Alert Me setting for that list to all the users that you want to send notification. Then create a new list item and it will send email notification to users.

If you want to build something as classy as the software that you have linked then probably your best bet is to build a custom app (not SharePoint hosted) and using which you can implement all the features you would like. The interface to SharePoint for that app will allow user to enter the message and some other selection.

Amit

Thursday, January 16, 2014 10:45 AM