none
LINQ to SQL not updating records RRS feed

• Question

• I have a page I've created for an internal application that is using LINQ to SQL to connect to the backend SQL database.  It calls records fine and will update recordswhen no where clause is applied.  Due to the number of records, I have a filter text box that can be applied to the data to narrow the search results down for the user.  This works fine, however when the user (or I)go to update a record after filtering the results, the record is not updated.  I can page through all results (several thousand records) and update it with no filter applied and it will work fine.  Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this??

Chris - Aspiring MCITP

UPDATE: I forgot to come back and update this, I did get it working.  I just wish I could remember what I did to correct it (was a while and many projects/tasks ago).

• Edited by ole88 Wednesday, October 13, 2010 1:46 PM Updating status
    Thursday, April 15, 2010 1:35 PM

Answers

• Hi Chris,

I am writing to check the status of the issue on your side.  Would you mind letting us know how is the problem now? 

If you need further assistance, please feel free to let me know.  

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,
    Lingzhi Sun

MSDN Subscriber Support in Forum

If you have any feedback on our support, please contact msdnmg@microsoft.com

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Marked as answer by ole88 Tuesday, October 26, 2010 3:37 PM
    Tuesday, April 20, 2010 1:37 AM

All replies

• Hello Chris,

Welcome to LINQ to SQL forum!

Could you please provide us with more detailed information like some sample codes?  Are you using LinqDataSource in ASP.NET webpage?  

Have a nice weekend!

Best Regards,
    Lingzhi Sun

MSDN Subscriber Supportin Forum

If you have any feedback on our support, please contactmsdnmg@microsoft.com

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Friday, April 16, 2010 6:49 AM
  • Hi Chris,

I am writing to check the status of the issue on your side.  Would you mind letting us know how is the problem now? 

If you need further assistance, please feel free to let me know.  

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,
    Lingzhi Sun

MSDN Subscriber Support in Forum

If you have any feedback on our support, please contact msdnmg@microsoft.com

• Marked as answer by ole88 Tuesday, October 26, 2010 3:37 PM
    Tuesday, April 20, 2010 1:37 AM