How to change cursor in XAML? RRS feed

• Question

• I have a custom control looks like this: 

At the end I have a customized Del-button, to be able to remove this item by pressing. This control is located in a RichTextBox, with many others, because this type of frame is allow to flow an objects left to right and top to bottom at the same time. My problem is a mouse cursor. When I move it over my control and particular Del-button it's stay the same as in RichTextBox, like this - I. But I need it to looks like narrow. So, I know that it's possible to set mouse cursor for control. At list in WPF it was possible. But I can't find this XAML setting to do it. I don't want to change the mouse time in a code by events. I want to set it once in XAML and forget it. How to do so?

Aleksey

Friday, December 13, 2013 5:19 AM

Answers

• I don't think it's possible. If you want to change via code-behind, here you go.

private void MyTextBlock_PointerEntered_1(object sender, PointerEventArgs e)
    {
    	Window.Current.CoreWindow.PointerCursor = new Windows.UI.Core.CoreCursor(Windows.UI.Core.CoreCursorType.Hand, 1);

}

private void MyTextBlock_PointerExited_1(object sender, PointerEventArgs e)
    {
    	Window.Current.CoreWindow.PointerCursor = new Windows.UI.Core.CoreCursor(Windows.UI.Core.CoreCursorType.Arrow, 2);
    }

• Marked as answer by Newfriend Tuesday, December 24, 2013 9:44 AM
    Friday, December 13, 2013 10:24 AM

All replies

• I don't think it's possible. If you want to change via code-behind, here you go.

private void MyTextBlock_PointerEntered_1(object sender, PointerEventArgs e)
    {
    	Window.Current.CoreWindow.PointerCursor = new Windows.UI.Core.CoreCursor(Windows.UI.Core.CoreCursorType.Hand, 1);

}

private void MyTextBlock_PointerExited_1(object sender, PointerEventArgs e)
    {
    	Window.Current.CoreWindow.PointerCursor = new Windows.UI.Core.CoreCursor(Windows.UI.Core.CoreCursorType.Arrow, 2);
    }

• Marked as answer by Newfriend Tuesday, December 24, 2013 9:44 AM
    Friday, December 13, 2013 10:24 AM
  • You'll be smile, but this is not working with RichTextBox. Event firing, but mouse pointer still the same - I.

Aleksey

Friday, December 13, 2013 12:29 PM
  • Hi Newfriend,

I think Xyroid provided a correct solution.

Here you have a user control, in which put a cancel button inside your RichTextBlock, you could modify the cursor style by PointEnter event fired while the mouse is hover the button. Or do I miss something? It should work with Windows Store App.

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Tuesday, December 24, 2013 8:57 AM