How to attach disk with a size of 1.75 TB to my Azure VM RRS feed

• Question

• This will be use for my cloud DFS Replication. I have d-14 VM in azure. I need to attached 1.75 TB disk. to be a dfs partner of my on premise dfs server. Any ideas?

Thank you.

Friday, January 30, 2015 6:29 PM

Answers

• Hi,

As far as I know, we cannot mount Windows Azure Drive bigger than 1TB, if you want to attach 1.5TB, please consider attach two drives to Azure VM (1TB+0.5TB).

Best Regards,

Jambor

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, February 2, 2015 4:45 AM

All replies

• Saturday, January 31, 2015 8:40 AM
  • its not allowing me to add more than 1 tb disk size. Any way to configure additional disk with a size of 1.5 TB?
    Sunday, February 1, 2015 10:06 AM
  • Hi,

As far as I know, we cannot mount Windows Azure Drive bigger than 1TB, if you want to attach 1.5TB, please consider attach two drives to Azure VM (1TB+0.5TB).

Best Regards,

Jambor

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Monday, February 2, 2015 4:45 AM
  • how about Create a Striped Volume in Windows? 2 X 800 GB. is this can be used for DFS replication drive?
    Monday, February 2, 2015 12:22 PM
  • Hi,

I don't familar with DFS, I found a resource talk about High-Available File Share in Windows Azure using DFS, hope it helps, here is the article link: http://clemmblog.azurewebsites.net/high-available-file-share-in-windows-azure-using-dfs/ , if you still have issues, I would suggest you move to DFS forum for a better support.

Best Regards,

Jambor

Friday, February 6, 2015 3:09 AM